The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||The Comparative Philology and Polylinguism|
|Location:||Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russia|
|Start Date:||17-Oct-2013 - 18-Oct-2013|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||We are pleased to announce The International academic conference ‘The Comparative Philology and Polylinguism’ that will be held from October 17 to October 18, 2013, at Kazan Federal University. The Conference is organized by the department of Comparativity and Theory of Literature and the department of English Philology, the Institute of Philology and Arts.
Topics of interest and streams include:
1. Philology in multi-ethnic and interreligious environment
2. Language functioning in the world and multi-ethnic regions of Russia
3. Bilingual education: theory and practice
4. Comparative typological linguistics: comparative lexicology and comparative phraseology, comparative grammar, comparative phonetics
5. Current issues in sociolinguistics and ethnolinguistics
6. Cross-cultural communication and translation
7. Comparative conceptology
8. Comparativity in literature: theoretical and methodological aspects
9. Comparative studies in Volga Region literature
10. National identity and multiplicity in literature
11. Correlation and interaction in literature
The official languages of the conference are Russian, English and Tatar.
The participation fee is 500 RUR. Please note that no accommodation can be provided on demand. In that case, send your application before June 15, 2013.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.
+7(843) 221-33-09 (The Department of Comparativity and Theory of Literature)
+7(843) 221-33-32 (The Department of English Philology)
|Linguistic Subfield:||General Linguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|