The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||Experimental Arabic Linguistics|
|Location:||Al Ain, United Arab Emirates|
|Start Date:||06-Nov-2013 - 07-Nov-2013|
|Contact:||Ali Idrissi, Dimitrios Ntelitheos|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||The Department of Linguistics at the United Arab Emirates University is organizing the first conference on Experimental Arabic Linguistics (EXAL-2013). The aim of the conference is to bring together scholars using experimental approaches to address long-standing or new theoretical issues pertaining to the study of language, focusing on Arabic. Areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
1) L1 acquisition in typically and atypically developing children
2) Language impairment and language therapy
3) Representations and processing in healthy and brain-damaged speakers (case studies, EEG, MEG, fMRI, fNIRS)
4) L2 acquisition from an experimental perspective
5) Representations and processing in Arabic heritage speakers
6) Experimental phonetics and laboratory phonology
7) Computational linguistics
8) Corpus-based linguistic studies
Liina Pylkkänen, New York University: TBA
Michel Paradis, McGill University: 'Bilingual speakers' Implicit and explicit memory in various pathologies: implications for assessment and treatment.'
Ghada Khattab, Newcastle University: 'Towards normative data on phonological development in Arabic.'
Diogo Almeida, New York University - Abu Dhabi: TBA
For further information about the conference venue, travel and accommodation details please visit our website and the university website at www.uaeu.ac.ae. More information about the conference will be added to the conference website as it becomes available.
|Calls and Conferences main page|