The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||Crosslinguistic Influence in Language Learning|
|Short Title:||CLI 2012|
|Start Date:||15-Nov-2012 - 17-Nov-2012|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||The Linguistics Department at the University of Zadar is pleased to announce the international workshop ‘New Perspectives on Crosslinguistic Influence in Language Learning’ which will be held November 15-17, 2012. This workshop is intended to bring together specialists working on crosslinguistic influence in language learning in order to discuss new perspectives and current issues in this area of research, such as the following (cf. Scott & Jarvis 2008:5):
- Studies dealing with the causes, constraints, the selectivity, and directionality of crosslinguistic influence
- Investigations on the scope and on different types of crosslinguistic influence (transfer of linguistic structures, socio-culturally shaped patterns of language usage, learning strategies, and others)
- Investigations on the implications of the insights into crosslinguistic influence for the teaching and learning of L1, L2, L3 etc. and for multiple language learning in general
- Studies dealing with the connection between crosslinguistic influence and linguistic awareness, especially with reference to third language acquisition
- Theoretical models that account for different causes, occurrences and manifestations of crosslinguistic influence; theories that explain the influence of cognitive, linguistic and extralinguistic factors in crosslinguistic influence
- Studies focusing on the development and the testing of hypotheses concerning crosslinguistic influence on the basis of theoretical models
The international scientific symposium is organized by the Linguistics Department at the University of Zadar. As the final workshop in the frame of the project ‘Transfer as a Strategy in Foreign Language Learning’ (http://www.transfer-in-language-learning.net/), the event is conceived as a one-time workshop. However, we hope that interesting papers and lively discussions will contribute to establishing a new tradition at the Zadar Linguistics Department.
We are pleased to announce that the following specialists will be presenting plenary talks: Ulrike Jessner-Schmid (University of Innsbruck, Austria) and Gessica De Angelis (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy).
|Linguistic Subfield:||Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|