The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||ESSLLI 2014 Workshop on Complex Words and Collocations|
|Short Title:||CCLCC 2014|
|Start Date:||11-Aug-2014 - 15-Aug-2014|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||The analysis of complex words, compounds, and collocations has received
considerable attention in
linguistics, cognitive science and computational linguistics. Research on
these phenomena concerns
theoretical, experimental, and applied aspects relevant to all three disciplines.
This diverse and
interdisciplinary perspective lends itself particularly well to an ESSLLI
workshop on this topic.
The aim of the workshop is to stimulate a cross-disciplinary discussion that
will be of mutual benefit to
the three fields sketched above and that will provide a forum for junior and
senior researchers alike.
Relevant topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to, the following
- Cognitive and computational models for the interpretation of compounds and
- Experimental and computational methods for the analysis of compounds
- Statistical models for the identification and classification of collocations
- Word formation, lexical semantics, and semantic compositionality
- Word formation at the interface of morphology and syntax
Melanie Bell (Anglia Ruskin University)
Eduard Hovy (Carnegie Mellon University)
|Calls and Conferences main page|