Institute for Language Information and Technology (ILIT)
The mission of the Institute for Language Information and Technology (ILIT) at Eastern Michigan University is to provide digital tools and services that sustain the scientific analysis of language and the dissemination of high quality language data and linguistic information.
- To develop and maintain a rich internet infrastructure for the discipline of linguistics
- To conduct applied research and training in language-related technologies
- To serve as a comprehensive, authoritative and accessible source of information about the world's languages and cultures, particularly the lesser-known languages
- To promote the collection, analysis, and archiving of data from the most endangered languages
- To promote consensus about best practices in the creation and long-term preservation of digital language resources
- To promote the interoperability of digital tools, language resources, and web services
Recently The LINGUIST List was highlighted in an article by V.B. Borschev titled "The Linguist List System as a Major International Linguistic Resource" (Automatic Documentation and Mathematical Linguistics 42-3).