LINGUIST List 15.2797
Wed Oct 06 2004
Jobs: Czech/Comp Ling/Phonetics:Lang Specialist,Scansoft
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessalinguistlist.org>
Czech/Comp Ling/Phonetics: Language Specialist, Scansoft, B.V.B.A.
Message 1: Czech/Comp Ling/Phonetics: Language Specialist, Scansoft, B.V.B.A.
From: Kristine Isebaert <jobsEUscansoft.com>
Subject: Czech/Comp Ling/Phonetics: Language Specialist, Scansoft, B.V.B.A.
University or Organization: Scansoft B.V.B.A.
Job Rank: Language specialist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics/Phonetics
Required Language: Czech
The Speech Database QA specialist will work in a team responsible for
delivery of speech data that will be used in speech and language
technology. He or she will report to a Linguistic Resources Manager.
The person will work on a project / temporary basis (6 months)in the
Belgian ScanSoft offices, in Merelbeke - Belgium(near Ghent).
Tasks and responsibilities:
The Speech Database QA Specialist is responsible for annotation, quality
control, follow-up, support and steering of the creation of a speech
database for "Language" as spoken in the different regions of "Country".
The resulting speech database will be used for further speech technology
development at ScanSoft. All of the speech database efforts will be done
considering the optimal cost, quality and planning requirements.
He or she will be responsible for:
- Orthographic and event annotation of uttered speech according to project
- Quality assessment of recorded speech,
- Follow-up on speech database creation,
- Fully documenting the speech database as specified,
- Version control and overviewing the subsequent speech database
- Tracking the origin of all modifications and additions ever made to them,
- Reporting about progress, quality, cost, etc.,
- Formulating proposals about improving working methods and concepts,
- Feedback and support to local team(s) involved in recording operations,
- All administration related to the speech database,
- Registering and making needed archiving and delivery copies.
Qualifications and profile:
- Native speaker of Czech
- Good working knowledge of English,
- Higher education degree: linguistics,
- Interest in audio and phonetics,
- Positive attitude and likes to work in a team,
- Have a logic and structured, problem solving approach,
- Able to work accurately in a consequent manner,
- Experience in application of computer software and tools,
- Communication skills that allow you to efficiently guide the local team(s)
Address for Applications:
Application Deadline: 31-Oct-2004
This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue