LINGUIST List 15.2932
Sat Oct 16 2004
Jobs: Japanese/Open Specialty: Linguist, New Jersey
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessalinguistlist.org>
Modified Re: 15.2919: Japanese/Open Specialty: Linguist, Franklin Electronic Publishers, NJ, USA
Message 1: Modified Re: 15.2919: Japanese/Open Specialty: Linguist, Franklin Electronic Publishers, NJ, USA
From: Anne McDonald <anne_mcdonaldfranklin.com>
Subject: Modified Re: 15.2919: Japanese/Open Specialty: Linguist, Franklin Electronic Publishers, NJ, USA
University or Organization: Franklin Electronic Publishers
Department: R & D
Job Rank: Linguist
Specialty Areas: None
Required Language: Japanese
- Either an M.A. degree in linguistics, languages, or other relevant field, or a
B.A. degree in linguistics or Japanese language plus relevant experience.
- Native or near-native ability to read, write, and speak both Japanese and
English is required.
- Knowledge of Chinese or Korean is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of European languages and detailed linguistic and lexicographic
principles is also desired.
- Strong computing skills required.
- Solid working knowledge of Linux/UNIX platforms desirable.
- Working knowledge of a wide range of UNIX utilities, UNIX scripting
languages, and HTML and XML constructs also helpful.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Maintains and develops linguistic databases and rules.
- Adapts these linguistic databases, guides, and rules for specific products.
- Provides support and advice to the Software, Product Management, and Quality
Assurance departments on language-related product features and bugs
throughout the product development cycle.
- Uses Linux/UNIX command-line utilities and mark-up languages (XML, HTML)
to accomplish linguistic tasks.
- Communicates with internal and external Data Developers to ensure accurate
conversion of publisher databases and fulfillment of product requirements.
Relocation not offered for this position.
Address for Applications
One Franklin Plaza
Burlington, NJ 08016-4907
United States of America
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Phone: (609) 386-2500 ext 4780
This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue