LINGUIST List 17.1752|
Thu Jun 08 2006
Jobs: Chinese & Phonetics: Voice Developer, Nuance
Editor for this issue: Svetlana Aksenova
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.html
Chinese & Phonetics: Voice Developer, Nuance, Merelbeke, Belgium
Message 1: Chinese & Phonetics: Voice Developer, Nuance, Merelbeke, Belgium
From: Natalie Vandemoortele <natalie.vandemoortelenuance.com>
Subject: Chinese & Phonetics: Voice Developer, Nuance, Merelbeke, Belgium
University or Organization: NUANCE
Job Rank: Junior Voice Developer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics
Required Language(s): Chinese, Min Nan (nan)
Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
Nuance is the leading provider of speech and imaging solutions for
businesses and consumers around the world. Every day, millions of users
and thousands of businesses experience Nuance by calling directory
assistance, requesting account information, dictating patient records,
telling a navigation system their destination, or digitally reproducing
documents that can be shared and searched. With more than 1500 employees
worldwide, we are committed to make the user experience more enjoyable by
transforming the way people interact with information and how they create,
share and use documents. Making each of those experiences productive and
compelling is what Nuance is about.
To strengthen our young and enthusiastic R&D team in Europe, we are
currently looking for a
Junior Voice Developer
Taiwanese and Mandarin
Who will assist in the creation of state-of-the-art voice for use with the
market-leading RealSpeak text-to-speech (TTS) engine. You will join the
team in Merelbeke, Belgium.
- Design of text corpora for recording and testing
- Selection of voice talents
- Coaching the voice talent
- Processing speech data
- Creating and tuning the TTS voice
- Testing and productization of the TTS voice
- Assistance in the creation of the linguistic processing component
We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated people who want to learn about,
or increase their knowledge of, speech technology while making a real
contribution to a successful product. In terms of skills, we are seeking
people who can do most - but not necessarily all - of the following.
- Are native Taiwanese and native or near native Mandarin
- Speak English fluently (working language)
- Have some experience working in speech/NLP/linguistics either in academia
or in industry
- Have some computational ability - no programming is required, but you
should be comfortable working with MS Windows
- Possibly know some AWK or Perl - which would be an advantage
- Are willing to work in Merelbeke (near Ghent in Belgium) for the duration
of the contract
Then we would love to hear from you.
- A 6 months contract
- Training in all aspects of the job, and you will be working with a talented
and committed team
- An exciting job with an innovative and performing international company
- The opportunity to work in an enthusiastic, supportive team
- Competitive remuneration package
- Relocation, travel and accommodation assistance.
Please apply for this position to Natalie Vandemoortele via email at the address
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
The experience speaks for itself.
Address for Applications:
International Recruiter Natalie Vandemoortele
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Phone: +32 (0)9 239 8095.
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.