LINGUIST List 17.2308|
Sat Aug 12 2006
Jobs: Various Langs & Comp Ling: Linguist, Voice Signal Technologies
Editor for this issue: Amy Renaud
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
English; French; German, Standard; Italian; Portuguese; Spanish & Germanic; Romance & Computational Linguist: Linguist, Voice Signal Technologies, Inc, MA, USA
Message 1: English; French; German, Standard; Italian; Portuguese; Spanish & Germanic; Romance & Computational Linguist: Linguist, Voice Signal Technologies, Inc, MA, USA
From: Barbara Winer <jobsvoicesignal.com>
Subject: English; French; German, Standard; Italian; Portuguese; Spanish & Germanic; Romance & Computational Linguist: Linguist, Voice Signal Technologies, Inc, MA, USA
University or Organization: Voice Signal Technologies, Inc
Department: International Product Management
Web Address: http://www.voicesignal.com
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; European Languages
Required Language(s): English (eng)
German, Standard (deu)
VoiceSignal, the leading developer of speech solutions for mobile devices,
is seeking an experienced Linguist to help us develop our multi-lingual
embedded speech recognition technologies and applications.
We are looking for a seasoned linguist with, preferably, prior experience
in speech recognition applications. Candidates must have structural
knowledge of two or more western European languages and the ability to
develop analyses and resources for unfamiliar languages with the help of
published resources and native-speaker informants. Must also have some
knowledge of Perl and its use for linguistic purposes, be highly attentive
to detail, and be able to prioritize work based on project and language
priorities. Candidates must have good project management skills and
experience managing multiple simultaneous projects. This is a full-time
position based at our headquarters in Woburn, MA.
- Manage development of pronunciation lexica for a variety of languages
(mainly western European).
- Develop phonological analyses for a variety of languages.
- Handle wordlists and tokenization for a variety of languages.
- Coordinate and manage transfer of linguistic resources to acoustic modelers.
- Collaborate in analysis of speech recognition errors.
- Prioritize and manage linguistic work for multiple simultaneous projects.
- Minimum masters degree in Linguistics, with solid training in phonetics.
- Experience working with corpora, both written and spoken.
- Experience developing pronunciation lexica.
- Fluency in scripting languages, especially Perl.
- At least structural knowledge of two or more of the following languages:
French, German, Spanish, Italian and/or Portuguese a plus.
- Prior experience applying linguistic expertise in the speech recognition
industry for multiple languages a plus.
- Ability to develop phonological analyses and linguistic resources for
unfamiliar languages, especially western European languages.
- Proven ability to take a pragmatic approach to solving linguistic
problems and manage workflow.
We offer a competitive salary, complete benefits package, stock options,
and a very comfortable work environment.
For consideration, please email your resume to:
JOB CODE: Linguist
Address for Applications:
Director, Human Resources Barbara Winer
150 Presidential Way
Woburn, MA 01801
Application Deadline: 30-Sep-2006
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.