LINGUIST List 17.536|
Fri Feb 17 2006
Jobs: German & Corpus Linguistics: Researcher, Italy
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards. Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
German & Corpus Linguistics: Researcher, European Academy Bozen/Bolzano, Italy
Message 1: German & Corpus Linguistics: Researcher, European Academy Bozen/Bolzano, Italy
From: Lyding <VLydingeurac.edu>
Subject: German & Corpus Linguistics: Researcher, European Academy Bozen/Bolzano, Italy
University or Organization: European Academy Bozen/Bolzano
Department: Instit. Specialised Communication and Multiling.
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): German, Standard (deu)
The Institute for Specialised Communication and Multilingualism of the
European Academy Bozen/Bolzano is looking for 1 research assistant to join
its corpus group
- Design, creation and maintenance of corpora and lexicographical resources
- Automatic and semi-automatic text annotation
- Development of a spell checker for the German variant spoken in South Tyrol
- Active participation in the activities carried out by the Institute for
Specialised Communication and Multilingualism
- Sound scripting skills (Perl, shell...)
- Familiarity with Unix
- Working knowledge of xml and html
- Basic knowledge of databases (SQL...)
- Basic knowledge of linguistics
- German mother tongue or excellent knowledge of German
- University degree, preferably in Computational Linguistics or Computer
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work autonomously
- Working experience in the sector of Computational Linguistics
- Scientific publications
- The opportunity to work in a team of young people and to interact with
scientists at international level.
- The opportunity of further scientific education (scientific publications,
participation in conferences, workshops...)
The position is to be filled asap. The duration of the contract will be 1 ½
years (with possible renewal of the contract).
Qualified candidates should submit their application, including cover
letter and CV, to the following address:
European Academy Bozen/Bolzano
Institute for Specialised Communication and Multilingualism
Drususallee 1 - I- 39100 Bozen
Tel: +39 0471 055100 Fax: +39 0471 055199
Please indicate your compliance with the Italian privacy regulations
according to decree 196/2003, by adding the following consent to the last
page of your CV:.
'I consent to the use of my personal data in accordance with the provisions
of decree 196/2003.'
We kindly inform you that we will not be allowed to consider any
application without this compliancy declaration.
Address for Applications:
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Phone: +39 0471 055100
Fax: +39 0471 055199
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.