LINGUIST List 18.1883|
Thu Jun 21 2007
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Q-go
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
van der Beek,
Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Q-go, Diemen, Netherlands
Message 1: Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Q-go, Diemen, Netherlands
From: Leonoor van der Beek <leonoor.van.der.beekq-go.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Q-go, Diemen, Netherlands
Department: Professional Services
Web Address: http://www.q-go.com
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Knowledge of one of the following Language(s) a plus:
German, Standard (deu)
Q-go is an international, fast growing, Dutch software company specialized
in Customer Interaction Management applications based on Natural Language
Processing technology. The applications enable people to formulate a
question/search query in their own words. Q-go's technology ensures a
relevant match, generally consisting of a model question and answer. We
thus provide easy access to information, as well as insight in the needs
of the user. Q-go's technology is currently available in eight European
languages and is in use by leading European companies.
Q-go's headquarter is in Diemen, The Netherlands. Furthermore, we operate
from offices in Bonn, Munich, Zurich, Madrid, and Barcelona. From these
offices, leading companies in banking, insurance, telecommunications, and
government are serviced.
This position is located in our Diemen, Netherlands office. The
Computational Linguist will be part of the Professional Services team. This
team is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and management of
all our current customer projects. The professional Services team consists
of dedicated professionals supporting our customers, partners and resellers
with technical issues.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain dictionaries / thesauri
- Question and answer database analyses
- Improve linguistic matching of end-user questions
- Judge value of alternative model questions
- Improve keyword matching
- Improve matching based on end-user input (real user questions)
- Fine-tuning of Natural Language processing
- Advise on how model questions need to be phrased
- Advise in general on how to improve matching results
- Build and adjust grammar rules
Development of translation rules:
- Conduct grammar related improvements
- Test translation and grammar rules
- Why are some results not presented, what can be done to improve it etc.
- Participate in internal projects for further improvement of our core
- Ensure customers are satisfied with Q-go products and services;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Culture of Professional Services Department:
- Energetic and fast paced work environment
- Team and customer oriented
- Initiative, professionalism and ambitions are highly valued!
- Solid background in Computational Linguistics or related field
- Proficiency with standard MS applications
- Experience with Unix/Linux and/or relational databases a plus
- Preferably multilingual. Good knowledge of French and German major plus.
- Advanced degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics or similar
(minimally MA or BA plus equivalent working experience)
- 2+ years working in customer/field service environment or equivalent
- See your work on major websites within Europe and outside Europe.
- Become part of an international oriented company with specialist
developing core product elements and engaging in peer discussion groups.
- Opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of an
international, leading-edge software company.
- The duties of this job require the employee to regularly perform
repetitive hand and wrist movements at a computer keyboard;
- Employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time;
- Close vision is required for PC work.
Application Deadline: This position has already been filled.
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.