LINGUIST List 18.2379|
Thu Aug 09 2007
Jobs: Indonesian; Thai; Malay & Lexicography: Consultant, Nuance
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Indonesian; Thai; Malay & Lexicography: Consultant, Nuance Communications, Inc., Telecommute
Message 1: Indonesian; Thai; Malay & Lexicography: Consultant, Nuance Communications, Inc., Telecommute
From: Harald Singer <Harald.Singernuance.com>
Subject: Indonesian; Thai; Malay & Lexicography: Consultant, Nuance Communications, Inc., Telecommute
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications, Inc.
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Lexicography; Translation; Writing Systems
Required Language(s): Indonesian (ind)
- Serving as language expert resource for engineers and researchers.
- Evaluating design and quality of pronunciation dictionaries
- Merging pronunciation dictionaries
- Evaluating and correcting dictionary entries
- Identifying new entries for general and specialized dictionaries.
- Writing phonetic transcriptions for new and existing entries.
- Native or near-native fluency in one or more of the languages listed above.
- Completion or near-completion of undergraduate degree in linguistics.
- Knowledge of International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Familiarity with a text editor such as emacs or vi.
- Ability to work independently.
- Up-to-date computer.
- Home internet connection.
- Expertise in medicine, law, or technology.
- Knowledge of UNIX.
- Ability to program in a scripting language.
All work will be done off-site (e.g. at your home).
A minimum of 20 hours of work is needed for each language for this project.
Some languages will require much more time, with the likelihood of
additional sporadic tasks over the next four to six months. Pay is $12-18
per hour, depending on experience (equivalent payment in other currencies,
e.g. euros, is also possible).
To apply, please submit your resume or CV and a brief statement describing
your experience and abilities to Harald Singer at the email address listed
below. We will consider only electronic submissions. No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: harald.singernuance.com
Dr. Harald Singer
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.