LINGUIST List 18.264|
Thu Jan 25 2007
Jobs: Applied Linguistics: English Teacher, LearnBalance Group
Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Applied Linguistics: English Teacher, LearnBalance Group, Bangkok, Central Thailand, Thailand
Message 1: Applied Linguistics: English Teacher, LearnBalance Group, Bangkok, Central Thailand, Thailand
From: Wanwisa P. <recruitmentlearnbalance.com>
Subject: Applied Linguistics: English Teacher, LearnBalance Group, Bangkok, Central Thailand, Thailand
Organization: LearnBalance Group
Department: Curriculum Development
Web Address: http://www.learnbalance.com
Job Rank: Teacher
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Experience in
Teaching Primary School Age Children
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The LearnBalance Group is looking for a committed career teacher who loves
teaching and experimenting with new creative ideas to help develop an English
language curriculum for children aged 5-12. You will be joining a start-up team
and can expect to be very involved!
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Teach EFL to children aged 5-12
2. Work with the company's Curriculum Development team to develop English
language teaching materials for children and class plans using the curriculum
outlined by the Curriculum Development Manager
3. Assist with the running of training programmes/workshops for the school's
4. Assist with teacher selection
1. Native speaker of English
2. A bachelor's degree in English Language/Linguistics, Education or any
related field (preferably related to early learning development)
3. Experience in teaching primary school age children is a must.
4. Familiarity with the use of phonics in teaching reading and writing is
1. A one-year renewable contract, with a 3-month probation period
2. Minimum gross salary of 45,000 THB (taxed at 10%)
3. Medical and personal accident insurance cover in-country
4. Assistance with accommodation (in the case of relocation)
5. Visa and work permit
6. Paid vacation leave (12 days) and sick leave (30 days), plus public
holidays (at least 15 days per year)
7. A flight-home completion bonus (Economy Class)
We regret to say that only short-listed candidates will be notified. Finalist
candidates will be required to submit a lesson plan on the topic specified by
the Curriculum Development team and, where possible, teach a mock class under
observation of the interview panel.
Address for Applications:
Ms. Wanwisa P.
2991/26 Soi Ladprao 101/3 Ladprao Rd.
Klongjan Bangkapi Bangkok, 10240 THAILAND
Bangkok, Bangkok, Central Tha 10240
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Apply on-line at: http://www.learnbalance.com
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.