LINGUIST List 18.2774|
Tue Sep 25 2007
Jobs: Eng & Gen Ling & Analysis: Info Analyst Contractor, Ask.com
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
English & General Linguistics & Analysis: Information Analyst Contractor, Ask.com, Edison, NJ, USA
Message 1: English & General Linguistics & Analysis: Information Analyst Contractor, Ask.com, Edison, NJ, USA
From: Randy Calistri-Yeh <randy.calistri-yehask.com>
Subject: English & General Linguistics & Analysis: Information Analyst Contractor, Ask.com, Edison, NJ, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Ask.com
Web Address: http://www.ask.com
Job Rank: Information Analyst Contractor
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Ask.com currently has open positions for Information Analyst contractors. The
positions are full-time temporary (3-6 month renewable contract), and are located
in Edison, NJ (no relocation, no telecommuting).
1. Evaluate search products and prototypes for accuracy, relevance, and
2. Provide feedback on automated search results, make judgments on various
3. Compare results from multiple systems using specialized evaluation tools.
1. Heavy internet user with experience using multiple search engines.
2. Extremely fluent English (native speaker preferred) with excellent
spelling and grammar. Some formal linguistic training preferred.
3. Strong familiarity with popular American culture topics such as movies,
music, online games, current events, etc.
4. Excellent analytical skills (data analysis, pattern identification).
5. Experience with MS Office and web browsers.
6. Excellent communication, teamwork, and innovation.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: kbanksask.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.