LINGUIST List 18.3353|
Tue Nov 13 2007
Jobs: English & Terminology: Terminologist, SAS Institute, Inc.
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
English & Terminology: Terminologist, SAS Institute, Inc., Cary, NC, USA
Message 1: English & Terminology: Terminologist, SAS Institute, Inc., Cary, NC, USA
From: Glenn <sashumanresourcessas.com>
Subject: English & Terminology: Terminologist, SAS Institute, Inc., Cary, NC, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: SAS Institute, Inc.
Web Address: http://www.sas.com
Job Rank: Terminologist
Specialty Areas: Lexicography; Terminology
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Job Field: Technical Documentation
Location: Cary, NC
As a Terminologist you will develop and maintain terminological resources
to ensure consistent terminology in software and in documentation. You
will ensure employees have access to reliable, complete, and consistent
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Facilitating the creation of terminological resources;
- Researching terminological questions and reporting findings;
- Working with other divisions within SAS to resolve controversial
- Participating in the creation and maintenance of the standards process
related to terminology; and
- Training other employees in terminology management procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in linguistics, technical communication, a foreign
language, English, library science or related field; with
- 5 years of experience in a position where the primary responsibilities
included terminology development and resolution in the area of computer
- Fluent in English.
- Proficiency in at least one language other than English.
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and
- Familiarity with one terminology management system or with software that
is used to term harvesting.
- Knowledge of language technologies and software such as controlled
authoring software, machine-translation software, and translation memory
- General understanding of localization tools and processes.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United
States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for
employment visa status.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's
education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
How to apply:
Applications accepted online only a the application address listed below.
All other forms of application may not be considered. Please refer to
job# 07002748 when applying online.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Web Address for Applications: http://www.sas.com/jobs/USjobs/search.html
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.