LINGUIST List 19.1667|
Sat May 24 2008
Qs: Participate in Survey for English/Spanish Speakers
Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams
We'd like to remind readers that the responses to queries are usually best posted to the individual asking the question. That individual is then strongly encouraged to post a summary to the list. This policy was
instituted to help control the huge volume of mail on LINGUIST; so we would appreciate your cooperating with it whenever it seems appropriate.
In addition to posting a summary, we'd like to remind people that it is usually a good idea to personally thank those individuals who have taken the trouble to respond to the query.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
Participate in Survey for English/Spanish Speakers
Message 1: Participate in Survey for English/Spanish Speakers
From: Cristobal Lozano <cristoballozanougr.es>
Subject: Participate in Survey for English/Spanish Speakers
E-mail this message to a friend
What is 'CEDEL2'?
- CEDEL2 (Corpus Escrito del Español L2) is a research project at the
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
- We are investigating how English-speaking people learn Spanish.
Who can participate?
- Learners of Spanish who have English as their mother tongue: any level
(beginner, intermediate, advanced).
- Native speakers of Spanish.
How can you participate?
- You can participate online:
What can you get from it?
- Learners: you will be emailed the Spanish grammar test results, so you
can know your level of Spanish grammar.
- We will also send you by post a printed certificate (stamped by the
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid) stating that you have participated in our
Who has already participated?
So far, we have received data from different institutions all over the
- USA: Georgia State University, University of Wisconsin at Madison, Boston
University, Skidmore Collegue, Rutgers University, George Washington
- UK: Open University, Cambridge University UK, Essex University,
University of Hertfordshire, St Paul's School London, King's College London.
- Spain: Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, St Louis University at Madrid,
Fundacion Ortega y Gasset at Madrid and Toledo, Escuela Oficial de Idiomas,
Universidad de Cantabria.
- This is not an exam.
- You will not be assessed.
- We are simply interested in your spontaneous written Spanish language.
- All information is anonymous and confidential.
Cristóbal Lozano (Universidad de Granada, Spain)
Amaya Mendikoetxea (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain)
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.