LINGUIST List 19.2282|
Thu Jul 17 2008
Jobs: Comp Ling, NLP: Post Doc, University of Lisbon
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing: Post Doc, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Message 1: Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing: Post Doc, University of Lisbon, Portugal
From: Castro <directivaclul.ul.pt>
Subject: Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing: Post Doc, University of Lisbon, Portugal
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Lisbon
Department: Centro de Linguística da Universidade de Lisboa
Job Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Web Address: http://www.clul.ul.pt
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
The Linguistics Center of the University of Lisbon is seeking to integrate
in its SKAi (Sources, Knowledge and Modelling) group two post-doctoral
research fellows, specialized in Computational Linguistics or Computer
Science to develop and improve new and existing resources combining NLP and
statistics. Both positions have a maximal duration of five years.
The work to be accomplished by the 2 post-doctoral fellows aims at
implementing infrastructures for the existing Linguistic Resources, which
should converge toward new applications and paths for corpus-based
approaches and primary sources exploitations. The ultimate goal is to
attain international high-quality standards in this field.
The work involves tasks such as:
- Developing human language technology applications, including market
research and evaluation, planning, overseeing activities related to
development and programming;
- Developing an integrated infrastructure for large-scale resources and
other corpora and lexicons, assuring their availability;
- Participation in customizing, further developing and creating linguistic
- Establishing automatic processes of information extraction;
- Application of statistical NLP tasks;
- Development of corpus annotation systems.
- PhD degree in Computational Linguistics or in Computer Science;
- Strong background in computational linguistics and linguistics
- Knowledge about Natural Language Processing and corpus-based methods;
- Experience with statistical NLP techniques;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Portuguese (preferential) and in English;
- Strong programming experience (Perl, Python, Java, C/C++);
- Good working knowledge of SQL.
- Three years of postdoctoral experience (preferential).
For a closer description of the overall research and the different research
groups of the center, consult the website listed above.
Salary: 43k€ (annual)
To apply, send by email a CV, a letter of motivation and two letters of
recommendation or two names and contact information for two references.
Application Deadline: 08-Sep-2008
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.