LINGUIST List 21.23
Tue Jan 05 2010
Jobs: Dutch Syntax/Semantics: Full-Time Prof at Lecturer Rank, Ghent U
Editor for this issue: Christy Bird
Syntax & Semantics of Dutch: Full-Time Professor at Lecturer Rank, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Message 1: Syntax & Semantics of Dutch: Full-Time Professor at Lecturer Rank, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
From: Johan De Caluwe <Johan.DeCaluweUGent.be>
Subject: Syntax & Semantics of Dutch: Full-Time Professor at Lecturer Rank, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Ghent University
Department: Department of Dutch Linguistics
Job Location: Ghent, Belgium
Web Address: http://www.ugent.be
Job Rank: Full-Time Professor at Lecturer Rank
Specialty Areas: Semantics; Syntax
Required Language(s): Dutch (nld)
The faculty of Arts and Philosophy has a vacancy for a professorship,starting from October 1, 2010. It concerns a position as full-timeProfessor in the rank of Lecturer (docent) (Tenure Track system) in theDepartment of Dutch Linguistics, charged with academic teaching (in Dutch),scientific research and carrying out scientific duties in the field ofDutch linguistics.
Profile:- candidates should hold a PhD or a degree recognized as equivalent,with a doctoral thesis in the field of Dutch linguistics;
- candidates are required to have at least two years of postdoctoralexperience on October 1, 2010;
- candidates are required to have research experience in the field ofsyntax and semantics of Dutch, preferably from a functional perspective,proved by contributions to national and international conferences and byrecent publications in national and international peer reviewed journalsand/or books;
- having proved experience in international mobility, amongst othersthrough participation in research programs at research institutions notlinked to the university where the highest degree was obtained, is recommended;
- candidates are required to possess the necessary didactic,organizational and communicative skills for teaching at an academic level.
The governing language at Ghent University is Dutch; however, persons whodo not speak Dutch as a native language are welcome to apply.
The candidates are requested to submit:
- the necessary attestations of competence (copies of degrees);
- an outline (of max. 1500 words) explaining their views on academicteaching, research and service in relation to this vacancy.
1. candidates will be short-listed on the basis of their curriculumvitae, bibliography and the outline;
2. short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview, on thebasis of which the final selection will be made.
More detailed information on this vacancy can be obtained from prof. JohanDe Caluwe (mailto:Johan.DeCaluweUGent.be+ 32 (0) 9 264 40 81).
This full-time position is a tenure-track temporary appointment for aperiod of five years, at the end of which a tenure decision will be takenas full-time Professor in the rank of Senior Lecturer (hoofddocent),depending on an overall evaluation.
Applications must be sent in duplicate by registered mail to theapplication address below, using the specific application forms AutonomousAcademic Staff ('ZAP'), by the 5th of February, 2010 at the latest.
The application forms for Autonomous Academic Staff (ZAP)
- can be obtained at Ghent University, Department of Personnel andOrganization, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 25, 9000 Gent.
- can be requested by phone: +32 (0) 9 264 31 29 or + 32 (0) 9 264 31 30.
- can be downloaded from the internet:
Application Deadline: 05-Feb-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
The Rector of Ghent University
Web Address for Applications: http://www.ugent.be/en/news/vacancies/autonomous/bc20091210-lw05-eng
Johan De Caluwe
Phone: 32 (0) 9 264 40 83