LINGUIST List 21.3582|
Fri Sep 10 2010
Jobs: Lang Acquisition: Project Manager, Diplomatic Language Services
Editor for this issue: Erin Smith
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
Urdu; Farsi, Eastern & Language Acquisition: Project Manager, Diplomatic Language Services, District of Columbia, USA
Message 1: Urdu; Farsi, Eastern & Language Acquisition: Project Manager, Diplomatic Language Services, District of Columbia, USA
From: Caitlin Marshall <cmarshalldlsdc.com>
Subject: Urdu; Farsi, Eastern & Language Acquisition: Project Manager, Diplomatic Language Services, District of Columbia, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Diplomatic Language Services
Department: Curriculum Development
Job Location: District of Columbia, ----------------
Web Address: http://www.dlsdc.com
Job Rank: Project Manager
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition
Required Language(s): Farsi, Eastern (prs)
Diplomatic Language Services (DLS) is a 25-year old company based in the
Washington, DC metro area that provides language and cultural training and
other related language services to US government and commercial clients.
We are currently recruiting a Project Manager for our curriculum
development division. A large upcoming project involves developing digital
language-learning resources that include activities, authentic texts, and
audio/visual components for Dari, Pashto, and Urdu.
- At least a Master's degree in Language Education
- At least two years of directly related experience with language
curriculum development projects in a supervisory role
- At least four years of project management experience in a related field
- Knowledge of the Inter-Agency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale
- Very strong multitasking and interpersonal skills
- Very strong English editing skills
- Proven track record of meeting project deadlines under clear time
- Interface with the client, acting as main point of contact to receive and
disseminate feedback to project staff.
- Engage curriculum developers in ongoing training activities, educating
them in curriculum development theory and pedagogical processes.
- Ensure deadlines are being met across all language groups and take
responsibility for providing final deliverables to client.
- Oversee the lesson revision process, ensuring that feedback is clearly
conveyed to the development team.
- Oversee administrative aspects of project such as timesheet collection
and hours reporting.
- Make a final review of each Learning Object to make sure that quality
expectations are being met.
DLS is a rapidly growing language services company with a dynamic and
flexible work environment and significant employee growth opportunities.
Please send your resume to the email address provided. No phone calls,
Application Deadline: 12-Sep-2010
Email Address for Applications: hrdlsdc.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 10-Sep-2010
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.