LINGUIST List 21.3932
Tue Oct 05 2010
Jobs: English; Applied Ling: Assoc Prof or Prof, Hokkaido University
Editor for this issue: Christy Bird
English; Applied Linguistics: Specially Appointed Associate Professor or Professor, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Message 1: English; Applied Linguistics: Specially Appointed Associate Professor or Professor, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
From: Philip Seaton <seatonimc.hokudai.ac.jp>
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics: Specially Appointed Associate Professor or Professor, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Hokkaido University
Department: International Media and Communication
Job Location: Sapporo, Japan
Web Address: http://www.hokudai.ac.jp/en/
Job Rank: Specially Appointed Associate Professor or Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
1. PositionA full-time specially appointed, non-tenured associate professor orprofessor in the Research Faculty of International Media and Communication,Hokkaido University.
2. Teaching DutiesTeaching English as a foreign language to undergraduate students along withother English language related subjects.
3. Qualifications(i) Native speaker of English,(ii) Master's degree (PhD holder preferred),(iii) Active research career in linguistics/TESOL, area studies (Americanstudies, British studies, etc.) or Media studies,(iv) Professional qualifications and/or work experience in TESOL.
4. Contract PeriodMaster's degree holders will receive a three-year contract; PhD holderswill receive a four-year contract.
5. SalaryRoughly 6.4 million yen per year
6. Responsibilities(i) Teaching a maximum of 9 courses (18 classroom hours) per week,(ii) Conducting academic research and developing teaching materials,(iii) Entrance examination preparations and grading.
7. Contract Commencement Date (Scheduled)April 1, 2011
8. Application Materials (3 documents in total)To be sent by e-mail attachment
1) An application form (one Word or pdf file) containing:a) Covering letter (2 pages of A4 maximum) including your reasons forapplying, teaching philosophy, and any particular contributions you canmake to the department,b) Resume (include your date of birth),c) List of publications. List separately those publications in refereedjournals and those which are unrefereed articles or conferencepresentations/proceedings,d) Contact details (name, affiliation, title, email address, telephonenumber) of two referees. At least one must be currently employed in highereducation.
2) One sample of your researchA pdf file or scan of a published paper, a draft of a conferencepresentation, or an MA/PhD thesis chapter.
3) A scanned version of the degree certificate of the highest degree obtained.
9. Application DeadlineNovember 16, 2010 (Japan Time: 5:00 PM)
10. Contact InformationPhilip SeatonAssociate ProfessorHokkaido UniversityEmail: seatonimc.hokudai.ac.jpTel: 81-11-706-5376
Please write "TEFL position" in the subject line of the email message.
Application Deadline: 16-Nov-2010
Email Address for Applications: seatonimc.hokudai.ac.jp
Dr Philip Seaton
Page Updated: 05-Oct-2010