LINGUIST List 22.2307|
Wed Jun 01 2011
Jobs: English Translation/TESOL: Full Prof, Hankuk U of Foreign Studies
Editor for this issue: Christy Bird
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
1. Mihyung Oh ,
English; Interpreting/Translation; TESOL/TESL: Full Professor, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Soeul, South Korea
Message 1: English; Interpreting/Translation; TESOL/TESL: Full Professor, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Soeul, South Korea
From: Mihyung Oh <applyeitgmail.com>
Subject: English; Interpreting/Translation; TESOL/TESL: Full Professor, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Soeul, South Korea
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
Department: Department of English Interpretation and Translation
Job Location: Seoul, Korea, South
Job Rank: Full Professor
Specialty Areas: Translation; Interpreting; TESOL/TESL
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Full-Time English Professorship at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies in
The Department of English Interpretation and Translation (EIT) at Hankuk
University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) is currently accepting applications
for a full-time professorship (work begins in late September 2011).
Basic qualifications are as follows:
- Native speaker in English;
- Master's degree or above (preferably in interpreting/translation,
- Two years or more experience in teaching English at the
Main job descriptions are to teach:
- Public speaking/presentations;
- Advanced writing/rhetoric; and
- Advanced debate/interviews, etc.
Successful applicants will be offered a (renewable) one-year contract and
the benefits are:
- Shared office;
- One-way airfare;
- National pension & health insurance; and
- Paid vacation (summer/winter).
Annual salary will vary according to your qualification, and
How to apply:
Please send an e-mail to Prof. Mi Hyung OH (applyeitgmail.com) no later
than June 7 (Thu), 2011 and make sure to attach the following documents
1. Cover letter (describe your teaching and research experiences)
2. Resume (with a photo taken in 6 months)
3. Transcripts of your B.A. & M.A. degrees
4. Passport information page
5. Alien Registration Card (if residing in Korea)
- Only those showing the best combination of knowledge, experience, skills
and abilities will be invited via e-mail for an initial interview.
- At the interview, candidates will be asked to bring the original copies
of the above-mentioned documents as well as other relevant documents as
Application Deadline: 07-Jun-2011
Email Address for Applications: applyeitgmail.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 01-Jun-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.