LINGUIST List 23.2003|
Tue Apr 24 2012
Jobs: English; General Ling: Asst Prof, King Saud U
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
New! Visit LL's Multitree project for over 1000 trees dynamically generated from scholarly hypotheses about language relationships:
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
From: Hala Al-Tuwaijri <hmaziadksu.edu.sa>
Subject: English; General Linguistics: Assistant Professor, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: King Saud University
Department: English Language and Literature
Job Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Web Address: http://colleges.ksu.edu.sa/Arts/English/Pages/default.aspx
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The Department of English Language and Literature at King Saud
University's Center for Girls in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, invites
nominations and applications for Assistant Professor positions (with
Ph.D. degrees in the field of linguistics)
- Teaching core linguistics courses to undergraduate students,
advanced courses to graduate students, and supervision of graduate
- Arabic is the language used throughout the university. All courses
at the Department of English, however, are taught in English.
- Female applicants are needed, as teaching will take place at the
Center for Girls.
- At least two years of teaching experience.
- Interpersonal skills and readiness to work in a collaborative setting.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing staff development sessions.
Salary, Accommodations, and Benefits:
- Competitive, tax-free salary based on experience, publications, etc.
- Free housing provided by the university.
- Transportation allowance.
- Annual round-trip tickets to and from country agreed to in contract
(for summer holiday).
- Medical coverage.
- Safe environment for applicants with children.
- School tuition for children (up to SAR 25,000 = $6,685)
- Eid holiday breaks.
- Polite students.
Interested candidates are to submit the following to Dr. Hala Al-
Tuwaijri at the contact email below:
- Academic transcripts.
- Copies of obtained degrees.
- Updated CV.
Offers will be made on the basis of submitted material and interviews
with short-listed applicants.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Dr. Hala Al-Tuwaijri
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 24-Apr-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.