LINGUIST List 23.3412|
Tue Aug 14 2012
Jobs: Comp Ling; Phonology: Research Scientist, Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: None Given <EMEAJOBSnuance.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Phonology: Research Scientist, Nuance Communications, Cambridge, United Kingdom
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Rank: Research Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonology
At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on
developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice
to take command of information. Our people and our technology
have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world,
ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and
emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that
intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of
knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and
intelligently with the world.
Role: Research Scientist
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Research into acoustic modelling techniques for large vocabulary
speech recognition, including implementation and performance
- Building and updating advanced acoustic models for numerous
- Reports to the Acoustic Modelling Research Manager.
- Work with team members to build and deliver acoustic models for
- Provide experimental and theoretical analysis of speech
- Formulate new algorithms, create research tools, design and carry
out experiments to verify new algorithms.
- Work with other members in the team to improve the performance
of product and add new product features to meet business
- Optimize accuracy of our speech recognition applications.
- Follow developments in speech recognition to keep our research
Skills and Experience Required:
- In-depth understanding of acoustic modelling algorithms.
- Experience with C/C++, scripting using Perl, Python and csh in
- Strong desire and demonstrated ability to work on and solve
- Ph.D. or Master degree in speech recognition, computer science or
- Experience of all aspects of ASR lanaguage development.
- Good analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Experience of running large scale builds in a Sun Grid Engine
We offer a competitive compensation package and a casual yet
technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic,
entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of
continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit the application URL below and enter the
reference number 8023.
Application Deadline: 14-Feb-2013 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: EMEAJOBSnuance.com
Web Address for Applications: http://www.nuance.com/careers
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 14-Aug-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.