LINGUIST List 23.3438|
Wed Aug 15 2012
Jobs: Spanish; Comp Ling; Phonetics: Spanish (Mexico) Computational Linguist, Appen Butler Hill
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Mandy Iverson <miversonappenbutlerhill.com>
Subject: Spanish; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics: Spanish (Mexico) Computational Linguist, Appen Butler Hill
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Appen Butler Hill
Web Address: http://www.appenbutlerhill.com
Job Rank: Spanish (Mexico) Computational Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
Appen Butler Hill is currently looking for a Spanish (Mexico) Computational
Linguist for a part time project starting immediately. The position will run from
now until December 31, 2012, and will require 4 hours per week with
occasional peaks of 20 with reasonable notice. This is a virtual position.
- Highly skilled in Computational Linguistics or Phonetics (Master's or PhD),
preferably Computational Linguistics.
- Experience in development of language assets of Speech Recognition and
- Familiar with running command-line tools and higher-than-average computer
literacy (ability to use scripting language, such as Perl or Ptyhon, is a plus.)
- Availability of at least 4 hours per week with occasional peaks of 20 hours
per week or more ( with reasonable advance notice).
- Excellent English reading, writing, and communication skills.
- Completed MA or PhD in Computational Linguistics or Phonetics
- Experience in language technology, particularly in Speech Processing -
either in academia or industry.
- Knowledge of XML structures.
- Experience with bug management and the software release lifecycle.
- Experience with command-line interfaces.
- Knowledge of the International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Knowledge of a third language is important.
- Some basic programming and understanding of at least one programming
language, e.g. PERL, Python or C#.
- Knowledge of regular expression (RegEx) use.
- Experience using Visual Studio.
- Creation of Text Normnaliztion (TN) and Inverse Text Normalization (ITN)
- Run simple scripts and work with command-line-based tools.
- Analyze tests results and propose solutions.
- Bug management with Product Studio.
Application Deadline: 30-Aug-2012
Web Address for Applications: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BUTLERHILL&cws=4&rid=364
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 15-Aug-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.