LINGUIST List 23.4359|
Wed Oct 17 2012
Jobs: Applied Ling: Assistant Professor, University of South Florida
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
From: Myrna Lugo <milugousf.edu>
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of South Florida, Florida, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of South Florida
Department: World Languages
Job Location: Florida, USA
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
The Department of World Languages at the University of South Florida
is seeking candidates for an appointment to a nine month tenure track
position in Applied Linguistics at the rank of Assistant Professor,
effective August 07, 2013. Salary negotiable.
- Teach courses at the graduate and undergraduate level in the areas
of applied linguistics/linguistics, second language acquisition and
pedagogy, and internship.
- Conduct, present, and publish research and engage in other
- Mentor graduate students.
- Participate actively in program management of the M.A. program in
Applied Linguistics and in the affairs of the interdisciplinary doctoral
program in Second Language Acquisition and Instructional Technology.
- Participate in governance in the department, college, and university.
- Doctorate in Applied Linguistics, Linguistics, or closely related field by
August 7, 2013;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Experience teaching applied linguistics/ linguistics courses;
- Evidence of scholarly activity;
- Proficiency in at least one foreign language.
- Publication record which indicates active research and scholarship
- Demonstrated success in teaching graduate and/or undergraduate
applied linguistics courses
- Experience with contemporary instructional technologies and CALL
- Ability to seek external funding for research and/or program
- Record of service to appropriate professional organizations
- Experience with interdisciplinary programs and collaborative projects
- Experience serving and collaborative projects
- Experience serving on doctoral dissertation committees
- Experience in program management and leadership
According to Florida Law, applications and meetings regarding them
are open to the public. For ADA accommodations, please contact
MyrnaI Lugo at either the contact phone number or email address
below at least five working days prior to need. USF is an Equal
Application Deadline: 07-Dec-2012
Web Address for Applications: http://employment.usf.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=60338.
Mrs. Myrna Lugo
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 17-Oct-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.