LINGUIST List 23.5322
Tue Dec 18 2012
Jobs: Multiple Languages; Comp Ling; Text/Corpus Ling; NLP; Computer Science: Rank Open, Google
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
Monika Podsiadlo <mpodsiadlo
Multiple Languages; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Natural Language Processing; Computer Science: Rank Open, Google, London, United Kingdom
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Google
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Rank: Rank Open
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Natural Language Processing; Computer Science
Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
Chinese, Yue (yue)
The TTS team at Google is looking for talented language engineers/computational linguists to help us build the next generation of TTS voices in new languages. We have open positions for TTS Language Engineers for the following languages: Japanese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Russian and US Spanish.
You will be helping with technical tasks involved in creating a speech synthesiser in your language. This includes:
- Developing rules for a text normalisation system.
- Large scale data mining.
- Customising language building tools for your language.
- TTS quality evaluation
- Computational Linguistics/Computer Science graduate (or closely related discipline).
- Native speaker of Japanese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Russian or US Spanish. Fluent in English.
- Proficiency in Unix/Python/C++
- Interest in data mining and natural language processing a plus.
This is an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology in a dynamic team of world-class experts. The positions are based in Google's London office. Contract term: 6 months, with a possibility for extension.
Email Address for Applications: tts_jobs
Page Updated: 18-Dec-2012