LINGUIST List 24.1071
Fri Mar 01 2013
Jobs: Russian; Comp Ling; Phonology; Semantics; Speech (ASR, TTS, NLP): Speech Linguistic Project Manager, Google
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
Linne Ha <DataOpsMan
Russian; Computational Linguistics; Phonology; Semantics; Speech (ASR, TTS, NLP): Speech Linguistic Project Manager, Google, New York, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Google
Job Location: New York, USA
Job Rank: Speech Linguistic Project Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonology; Semantics; Speech (ASR, TTS, NLP)
Required Language(s): Russian (rus)
As a Linguistic Project Manager and a native-level speaker of Russian, you will oversee and manage all work related to achieving high data quality for speech projects in your own language.
You will be based in an office location in New York City, managing a team of Data Evaluators and working on a number of projects towards Speech research: ASR, TTS, and NLP.
- Managing and overseeing the work of your team
- Creating verbalisation rules, such as expanding URLs, email addresses, numbers
- Providing expertise on pronunciation and phonotactics
- Building and maintaining a database of speech recognition patterns
- Creating pronunciations for new lexicon entries, maintaining the lexicon
- Working with QA tools according to given guidelines and using in-house tools
- Native-level speaker of Russian (with good command of the standard dialect) and fluent in English
- Keen ear for phonetic nuances and attention to detail; knowledge of the language’s phonology- Must have attended elementary school in the country where the language is spoken- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills, previous experience in managing external resources
- Previous experience with speech/NLP-related projects a plus
- Advanced degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics preferred
- Also a plus: proficiency with HTML, XML, and some programming language- Previous experience working in a Linux environment
Project Duration:- Contract position for 6-9 months (with potential for extension). This is a contract position working though a staffing agency and we cannot offer visa sponsorship or relocation package.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with "Speech Linguistic Project Manager [Russian]" in the subject line to the application email address below.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Email Address for Applications: DataOpsMan
Page Updated: 01-Mar-2013