LINGUIST List 24.1648
Fri Apr 12 2013
Calls: Cognitive Science, Computational Linguistics/Spain
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
Ángel Felices <fgkb.lcm.2013
2nd International Conference on Meaning and Knowledge Representation: LCM & FunGramKB
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 2nd International Conference on Meaning and Knowledge Representation: LCM & FunGramKB
Date: 03-Jul-2013 - 05-Jul-2013
Location: Granada, Spain
Contact Person: Ángel Felices
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://fgkb-lcm-2013.weebly.com/
Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics
Call Deadline: 30-Apr-2013
Natural language understanding systems require a knowledge base provided with formal representations reflecting the structure of human beings’ cognitive system. Although surface semantics can be sufficient in some other systems, the construction of a robust knowledge base guarantees its use in most natural language processing applications, consolidating thus the concept of resource reuse. This conference deals with meaning and knowledge representation in the context of natural language understanding, and more particularly on the premises of the Lexical Constructional Model and FunGramKB.
Following the success of the 2012 meeting in Madrid, the 2nd International Conference on Meaning and Knowledge Representation will take place in Granada, 3-5 July 2013. The aim of the conference is to gather together researchers to share and discuss their research in the field of the LCM and FGKB models. This edition will put special emphasis on the links between knowledge engineering, ontological semantics and terminology.
This conference will be sponsored by the Research project FFI2010-15983 (Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness), the University of Granada (Department of English and German Philology and Faculty of Economics and Business Administration) and LEXICOM (interuniversity research group).
Call for Papers:
We invite 20-minute (plus 10-minute discussion) presentation proposals on the following general and/or specific topics.
- At the crossroads between functionalist, cognitivist and/or constructionist approaches
- Division of labour of lexical semantics and constructional semantics
- Role of metaphor and metonymy and other cognitive operations in meaning construction and grammar
- Relationship between semantics, pragmatics and discourse in meaning construction and/or meaning representation
- Cognitive modeling and construal
- Pragmatic inferencing
Papers that pay special attention to the treatment of these topics within the LCM and FunGramKB are particularly welcome.
LCM and FunGramKB Specific Topics:
- Meaning construction and meaning representation in the LCM
- Methodological tools in the LCM (e.g. equipollence)
- Syntactic representation in the LCM
- The form of lexical and constructional templates in the LCM
- Connections between the LCM and FunGramKB
- Lexico-grammatical knowledge in FunGramKB
- Terminology in FunGramKB
- Conceptual representation in FunGramKB
- Reasoning in FunGramKB
- NLP applications of FunGramKB
Guidelines for Submissions:
Submission should include the following information:
- Author’s name
- Email address
- Paper title
- An abstract with a maximum of 500 words, excluding references
The official language of the conference is English.
All paper proposals are assumed to represent original and unpublished work.
Confirmation will be emailed.
The deadline for proposal submission is April 30, 2013 via email to fgkb.lcm.2013
gmail.com. Please set the subject line of your email to include the following reference: II LCM-FUNGRAMKB conference.
Notification of acceptance or rejection of submitted proposals will be mailed by May 10, 2013.
Page Updated: 12-Apr-2013