LINGUIST List 24.1736
Thu Apr 18 2013
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Manager, Nuance
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
Jennifer Garvale <jennifer.garvale
Computational Linguistics: Manager, Nuance, Montreal, Canada
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance
Job Location: Montreal, Canada
Web Address: http://jobs.nuance.com/
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Nuance's Mobility Division builds innovative, intelligent and intuitive touch and speech interfaces to simplify and enhance the way people interact with mobile devices, applications, and services. Nuance Mobile solutions make mobile devices and in-car systems easier to use, automate customer self-service, and optimize the access and discovery of even the most advanced mobile applications and content - regardless of technical know-how, location, environment, or physical and literacy capabilities. As a member of the NLP Research group, the candidate will lead a team doing semantic annotation of user utterances.
Responsibilities:- Work with research groups to define workable and consistent annotation specs.
- Define and continually improve the annotation process for high quality and high volume, including automated ways to train new annotators, automated quality checks, etc.
- Help design tools for annotation and quality assurance.
- Plan resources to meet customer and research needs.- Hire permanent and temporary annotators for multiple languages and multiple projects.
Qualifications:- At least 3 years managing similar annotation.- Prior experience in semantic annotation.- Capable of working in close collaboration with researchers. Ability to propose and share ideas to define best annotation specs.
- Very organized.
- Able to make accurate plans and execute them.
- Very strong work methodology.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Light computer and scripting skills to sort, filter and review data in order to monitor and review annotations.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Preferred Skills:- Knowledge of multiple languages
- Experience in research
Education: Master's degree in linguistics, computational linguistics, or computer science.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jennifer.garvale
Page Updated: 18-Apr-2013