LINGUIST List 24.1772
Mon Apr 22 2013
Jobs: English; Applied Ling; Forensic Ling; Ling and Lit; Chinese Ling: Assistant Professor/Research Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Editor for this issue: Caylen Cole-Hazel
Angie Chau <hrstaff
English; Applied Linguistics; Forensic Linguistics; Ling and Literature; Chinese Linguistics: Assistant Professor/Research Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Department: Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies
Job Location: Kowloon, Hong Kong
Web Address: http://www.cbs.polyu.edu.hk
Job Rank: Assistant Professor; Research Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Forensic Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Chinese Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Assistant Professor/Research Assistant Professor in Applied Chinese Linguistics/Chinese Literature/Chinese Linguistics (two posts)
The appointees will be required to:
- Engage in teaching and related learning activities at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Take an important role in curriculum design and development.
- Undertake scholarly research in his/her area of expertise.
- Provide administrative support for academic and departmental affairs, and play an active role in programme management for further development of the department’s objectives.
Successful candidates are expected to undertake academic research in his/her area of expertise, including but not limited to application for external research grants and participation in research projects.
Applicants should have:
- A PhD degree in a relevant discipline, preferably with the specialism in Speech Pathology, Speech Therapy, Cantonese Linguistics, Teaching Discipline-specific Chinese (e.g. Corporate Chinese, Legal Chinese, STEM Chinese), or Classical Novel/Drama/Poetry (for international students).
- A good record of relevant academic and/or professional achievements.
- The relevant research experience (as supported by evidence of research projects and outputs).- Experience of postdoctoral research positions will be a plus but not required.
- Fluency in English.
- A strong commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarly activities and professional service.
Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement of Assistant Professor in Applied Chinese Linguistics/Chinese Literature/Bilingualisum and Communication/Chinese Language Education/Chinese Linguistics/Translation and Interpreting on 15 January 2013 need not re-apply. Please visit the department URL for more information about the department.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service:
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointments for Assistant professor will be made on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Appointments for research assistant professor (with remuneration package same as that for an assistant professor) will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract for up to three years. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Please submit application form to Ms. Angie Chau (see contact information and application information). If you would like to provide a separate curriculum vitae, please still complete the application form which will help speed up the recruitment process. Application forms can be obtained via the above channels or downloaded from the application website. Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled.
Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/jobpics.htm
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
Ms Angie Chau
Human Resources Office, 13/F
Li Ka Shing Tower
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom
Email Address for Applications: hrstaff
Web Address for Applications: http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job.htm
Ms Angie Chau
Page Updated: 22-Apr-2013