LINGUIST List 24.2436
Fri Jun 14 2013
Jobs: Multiple Languages; Comp Ling: Programmer, Oracle US
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
Heather Arnold <heather.arnold
Multiple Languages; Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Oracle US, District of Columbia, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Oracle US
Department: Oracle Language Technology Group (LEXER)
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://www.oracle.com
Job Rank: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Finnish (fin)
Join the Oracle Language Technology team and be a part of developing multi-lingual natural language component software used in a variety of search and analysis products and applications.
Our language software supports 35 languages and is currently developing 10 additional languages.
We are seeking a computational linguist for research and development related to a multi-language natural language processing system.
Qualified candidates must possess a bachelors degree and be native or near-native speakers in at least one non-English language.
Urdu, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Malay, and Finnish and any other non-European languages are a plus. To view the full list of languages needed, please contact Heather Arnold at the contact email address below for details.
Computational linguistic background:- Must have at least 2 years of professional experience
- Experience with creating morphological rules for languages both familiar and unfamiliar
- Proficiency with regular expressions and basic Unix/Linux shell commands
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in a scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.) is a plus
The candidates will be responsible for:- Creating, developing, and maintaining lexicons and morphological rules in a variety of languages
- Quality assessment of existing language work
- Ongoing testing and evaluation of language-related aspects of search product
- Researching and evaluating alternative tokenization and morphological analysis techniques
- Collecting, evaluating, and maintaining training corpora
Please send resumes to Heather Arnold at the contact email address below.
Location: Oracle DC Office
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: heather.arnold
Sr. Recruiter Heather Arnold
Page Updated: 14-Jun-2013