LINGUIST List 24.2486
Wed Jun 19 2013
Jobs: Mandarin Chinese; Japanese; Korean; Comp Ling; NLP: Researcher, Nuance
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
Jennifer Garvale <jennifer.garvale
Mandarin Chinese; Japanese; Korean; Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing: Researcher, Nuance, Massachusetts, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
Responsibilities:- Responsible for conducting product-oriented research projects in the field of language modeling aiming at accuracy improvements as well as innovative features for mobile ASR applications, including literature research, assessment of alternative approaches, prototyping, experimental evaluation and productization support.
- Will collaborate closely with other researchers, engineers and linguists on the LM team and related research teams (e.g. NLU).
- Will report to LM Research Manager.
Principal Duties:- Conducting experiments to assess the quality of language models and study the effect of language modeling variants and ancillary natural language processing technology (e.g. compounding) on speech recognition accuracy
- Analyzing field data in order to identify areas of possible improvement or enhancement of language modeling process, method, and NLP techniques.
- Implementation of improved training recipes and NLP prototypes utilizing programming skills in C/C++, Perl, and Python in a grid computing Linux-based environment.
- Enhancing techniques for rapid language development for new languages / domains.
- Research scientific literature, devise and assess novel language modeling and NLP techniques
- Discussing and presenting ideas and results within the team and/or larger research group, reporting progress on a regular basis and maintaining per project documentation.
- Investigation and resolution of problem reports related to released models
- Focus primarily on NVC applications.
Qualifications:- Explicit (industry or academic) experience with large vocabulary speech recognition
- Background in speech technology, statistical machine translation or natural language processing
- Solid programming skills (C/C++, Python)
- Experience using Unix/Linux and shell scripting
- Solid written and oral communication skills (English)
- Explicit (industry or academic) experience with large vocabulary speech recognition
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, statistical modeling, numerical optimization, data mining, algorithm design, software engineering, computational linguistics
- Advanced degree (Master or PhD) in computer science, computational linguistics, applied mathematics, or a related field
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jennifer.garvale
Technical Recruiter Jennifer Garvale
Page Updated: 19-Jun-2013