LINGUIST List 24.2835
Fri Jul 12 2013
Jobs: English; Comp Ling; Lexicography; Phonetics; Phonology; NLP: Speech Systems Analyst, Eckoh
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
Joanne Truscott <Joanne.truscott
English; Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Phonetics; Phonology; Natural Language Processing: Speech Systems Analyst, Eckoh, Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Eckoh
Department: Product Delivery
Job Location: Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.eckoh.com
Job Rank: Speech Systems Analyst
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Phonetics; Phonology; Natural Language Processing
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Speech Systems AnalystBased UK, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Role Definition and Scope:
Eckoh is the UK's leading provider of customer service solutions using speech recognition and complementary services on the web and mobile. It has a number of high profile blue chip clients, and is experiencing rapid client and product growth.
We are currently seeking a highly competent Speech Systems Analyst who will play a crucial role in creating, managing and tuning speech recognition resources, analysing speech recognition performance and implementing enhancements identified as a result of this analysis. Contributing to the design of IVR dialogue flows also forms part of this role.
Working within a cross-functional team of experienced Developers, Project Managers and Dialogue Designers the successful candidate will contribute to both the design and development of Eckoh’s speech solutions. An understanding of the project lifecycle with a background in speech analysis and linguistics is required. Moreover, you must be self-motivated and tenacious with a hardworking attitude. You will work in a team with a broad set of skills so the ability to communicate effectively across this range is required.
Candidate Profile, Experience, and Skill:
- A degree in speech processing, computational linguistics or related subject.
- Previous experience of designing and developing SRGS grammars and lexicons.
- Previous experience of analysis and tuning of speech resources.
- Any experience of natural language processing and statistical/semantic language modeling would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix and scripting languages such as PHP, Perl or Python would also be advantageous
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience in providing documentation allowing others to thoroughly understand a solutions design or the results of analytical work.
- Experience of Nuance Technologies is desirable
- A passion for speech recognition, linguistics and technology in general.
- A desire to make speech recognition solutions work for real users.
- Strong analytical skills and a willingness to participate in audio transcription.
- A hands on, intensely proactive approach and thorough attention to detail
- Self motivated with strong personal organisational skills
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Willing to take on a new intellectual challenge
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jobs
Page Updated: 12-Jul-2013