LINGUIST List 24.2871
Mon Jul 15 2013
Jobs: Modified: Multiple Languages; Comp Ling; Phonetics: Consultant, Appen Butler Hill
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
Danielle Davis <djdavis
Modified: Multiple Languages; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics: Consultant, Appen Butler Hill
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Appen Butler Hill
Job Location: ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.appenbutlerhill.com
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics
Chinese Danish Dutch English French German
Computational linguists with phonetics expertise for an upcoming project.
Native speakers of at least one of the following:
- Simplified Chinese
- New Zealand English
- Canadian French
- German (Austria or Germany)
- Location: Remote
- Hours: approximately 4 hours per week, with occasional peaks of 20 hours
per week, with reasonable advance notice
- Length: through June 2014
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly skilled in computational linguistics and phonetics (Master’s or PhD)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Experienced in development of language assets of speech recognition andtext-to-speech technologies
- Familiar with XML structures
- Familiar with running command-line tools (ability to use a scriptinglanguage, such as Perl or Python, is a plus)
- Proficient in the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
- Projects require excellent English reading, writing and communicationskills.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment and greater than averagecomfort with software and technology are expected.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced with at least one programming language; e.g., PERL, Python, orC#
- Familiar with regular expression (RegEx) use
- Experienced using Visual Studio
- Familiar with creation of text normalization (TN) and inverse textnormalization (ITN) rules
- Able to run simple scripts and work with command-line-based tools
- Able to analyze test results and propose solutions
- Familiar with bug-tracking systems and tools
US residents must have US work authorization (US citizen or permanentresident). Unfortunately, Appen Butler Hill cannot sponsor employment
visas atthis time. You will be required to sign a legally binding non-disclosureagreement at the time of contract negotiation.
This is a contract position.
There is no job location for this position. Position is Remote.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BUTLERHILL&cws=4&rid=580
Contact Information: Danielle Davis Email: djdavis
Page Updated: 31-Oct-2013