LINGUIST List 24.3099
Tue Jul 30 2013
Calls: Lang Acq, Phonetics, Phonology, Neuroling, Cognitive Science/India
Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk
Dr. Gopee Krishnan <president.isha.ksb
46th Annual Convention of Indian Speech and Hearing Association
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 46th Annual Convention of Indian Speech and Hearing Association
Short Title: ISHACON 46
Date: 07-Feb-2014 - 09-Feb-2014
Location: Kochi, Kerala, India
Contact Person: Organizing Secretary
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://ishakerala.org/ishacon2014/
Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Phonetics; Phonology
Call Deadline: 30-Sep-2013
ISHACON is one of the few conferences in the discipline of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology where the students, researchers, and industry meet on a common platform. It is the benchmark scientific event of the profession in India. The 46th ISHACON will witness a conglomeration of several international keynote speakers and the ever-time contributors of the profession in the country with a broad aim to mentor the budding professionals.
Call for Papers:
We are happy to announce that a total of 190 papers will be accepted in the upcoming 46th ISHACON. The categories of papers will be as follows:
Oral (Speech, Language, Audiology, and General):
A total of 40 papers from professionals (open for PG/PhD/research scholars and working professions) will be accepted for oral presentation. Papers submitted for oral presentation will not be considered for poster presentation.
Poster (Speech, Language, Audiology, and General):
A total of 150 posters from professionals, PhD, PG and UG students will be accepted for poster presentation.
1. The last date for submission of a structured abstract only is 30 September 2013. Abstracts received after this date will not be accepted. All abstract should be submitted through online “article submission” module in the members-only pages of http://www.ishaindia.org.in/
2. The presenting author should be a life/ordinary/student member of ISHA. ISHA membership is mandatory for ALL co-authors who are speech and hearing professionals/students. Membership number and email ID has to be submitted while submitting the abstract online.
3. All abstracts submitted by the due date will first be scrutinized for adherence to format guidelines. Only those abstracts that meet the guidelines will be considered for the next process of peer review.
Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts and Papers:
The abstract and paper should involve clinical/research work carried out by the authors themselves. No review of literature or compiling of work done by others will be accepted.
The corresponding author will be intimated by email about the selection of the abstract within two months after submission. Alternately, the information will also be posted on the web. If abstract is selected for presentation at the 46th ISHACON, the full-length paper should be submitted by 15 December 2013 via the “online paper submission” module.
Paper Format (for submission by 15 December 2013):
- All papers should be submitted online. Papers should include a title page, abstract, running matter, tables, references, appendices and acknowledgements (if any in separate page). The sequence of points in research papers is expected to be under the sub-heading as mentioned in the abstract.
- Bullets should not be used in any part of the manuscript. Abbreviations should be expanded at the first mention in the text with the acronym in parentheses and then used consistently throughout the manuscript. Headings for sections within the manuscript and references should be in APA 6 format. The text of the paper should be in Arial font, 12 point, 1.5 line spacing, justified with a 1-inch margin on all sides of the paper.
- Full-length papers should be converted into two PDF files and uploaded respectively. Ensure that file size is not more than 1 MB
The first page should only include:
- Title: All caps, centered, bold, Arial font size 17 point
- Names of authors, their affiliations and ISHA membership numbers: Centered, regular, 12 point font size. The name of the presenting author should be underlined. In the case of student authors, it is mandatory to mention the course and year in which they are studying.
- Address for correspondence (email is a must)
- Paper submitted for the 46th ISHACON under: Oral/Poster presentation in speech/language/audiology/general category
The second page onwards should include:
- Title: All caps, centered, bold, 17 point font, with no author(s) information
- Structured abstract (not exceeding 1200 words) in the subheadings. The same abstract submitted earlier should be used.
- Full-length paper under the following headings including tables, figures, graphs and pictures: Introduction (including aim and objectives), method, results, discussion, summary/conclusions, references. Confirmation email from the scientific committee should also be uploaded/enclosed.
To be considered for the undergraduate student award, faculty should be listed as “Guide” and not as a co-author.
Once submitted, papers will not be returned to authors.
Chairperson: Dr. Ajith Kumar U, Dr. R Manjula
Members: Ms. Aparna Nandurkar, Dr. Venkatraja Aithal, Mr. Suman Kumar, Mrs. Annamma (email: George.annamma
gmail.com; phone: 94470 17176)
Last date for submission of abstract: 30 September 2013
Last date for submission of selected full-length paper: 15 December 2013
Please visit the conference website (http://ishakerala.org/ishacon2014/
) or contact the respective coordinator for scientific papers for any further clarifications:
Dr. Venkatraja Aithal, Coordinator for Scientific Papers in Speech, Professor and HOD, Dept. of Speech and Hearing, Manipal College of Allied Health Sciences, Manipal University, Manipal, 576 104. Phone: 94488 24363.
Ms. Aparna Nandurkar, Coordinator for Scientific Papers in Audiology & General Papers, Department of Audiology, AYJNIHH, Bandra Reclamantion, Bandra (West) Mumbai 40 050. Phone: 98204 46304.
Mr. Suman Kumar, Coordinator for Scientific Papers in Language, AYJNIHH, ERC B. T. Road, Bon Hooghly Kolkata 700090. Phone: 98831 93184.
Page Updated: 30-Jul-2013