LINGUIST List 24.4463
Sat Nov 09 2013
Jobs: General Ling; Syntax: Assoc Prof, Hiroshima University
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
Sosei Aniya <aniya
General Linguistics; Syntax: Associate Professor, Hiroshima University, Higashi-Hiroshima City, Japan
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Hiroshima University
Department: Graduate School of Integrated Arts and Sciences
Job Location: Higashi-Hiroshima City, Japan
Web Address: http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/souka
Job Rank: Associate Professor
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Syntax
Position: Associate Professor (tenure position
Starting Date: April 1, 2014.
Qualifications and Requirements:- Native speaker of English
- A good command of Japanese is desirable but not required
- Ph.D. in a relevant field of Linguistics or equivalent academic achievements required
- Relevant teaching and research experience
Area of Specialization:Linguistics, syntax, syntax-oriented interface.
Teaching Duties and Responsibilities:The appointee will be required to teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels and to provide MA and PhD thesis supervision.Graduate School: Linguistics Interface.Undergraduate School (Special Subjects): Language and Linguistics, Introduction to Syntactic Theory, and related subjects.Undergraduate School (General Education Subjects): General education English (Communication I, II, III).
Documents Required:- Curriculum Vitae (including recent photograph)
- A list of academic achievements (Please check 5 major works)
- Hard copies (original or offprint publications) of the five checked works (with a summary in English for each of the five major works in 200 words) are required and MUST be included with the application
- Additional hard copies with summaries of publications may be required
- A one-page statement of teaching experience on either letter size or A4 paper
- A one-page statement of your future research interests on either letter size or A4 paper
All these documents should be in English. Names and contact information of three persons from whom references may be sought. In addition, applicants are requested to submit ALL documents in Word 2007/2010/2013 or PDF files on a CD-ROM or a USB memory stick, in addition to the hardcopies outlined above.
Deadline for receipt of applications and supporting documents: 20 December, 2013.
The overall screening process takes about 1 month starting from the time of the deadline for applications. Applicants in the pre-final screening stage may be asked to come to Hiroshima University for an interview (travel fees and accommodations provided (some restrictions may apply)) and/or on the internet using Skype. Final face-to-face interviews will be held at Hiroshima University on approximately January 18th, 2014. Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used only for recruitment purposes.
Applications should be sent to Prof. Mitsunobu Yoshida at the application address below.
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Sosei Aniya or Prof. Peter M. Skaer at the contact information below.
Phone: (Int)+81-82-424-6438 (Prof. Aniya)/6440 (Prof. Skaer)
“Please mark on the envelope Studies of Human Cultures Department Application (Linguistics).”
Application Deadline: 20-Dec-2013
Mailing Address for Applications:
Dean Mitsunobu Yoshida
Higashi-Hiroshima City 739-8521
Professors Sosei Aniya
Page Updated: 09-Nov-2013