LINGUIST List 24.5284
Wed Dec 18 2013
Jobs: Dutch; Portuguese; Comp Ling: Computational Linguists, Lionbridge
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox
Elena Pirttisalo <elena.pirttisalo
Dutch; Portuguese; Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguists, Lionbridge, Tampere, Finland
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lionbridge
Job Location: Tampere, Finland
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Rank: Computational Linguists
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Dutch (nld)
Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development, language and testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain their technology applications and Web content globally.
A key differentiator for Lionbridge is our global footprint, which enables us to deliver superior service to customers through local contacts and resources. We employ more than 4,200 specialists, including linguists, computational linguists, project managers, engineers, subject matter experts, content developers, application developers and quality assurance professionals, in 26 countries. We also work with a network of 85,000 independent multilingual workers including translators, interpreters, web raters and subject matter experts across more than 100 countries.
We are looking for Computational Linguists, for our current and possible future projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computational Linguistics or Bachelor’s or Master’s in general linguistics and studies in Computational Linguistics
- Native language one of the following: Portuguese Brazilian, Portuguese European or Dutch- Strong linguistic comprehension
- Experience in annotation/corpus/dictionary/terminology work
- Experience in Language Technology- either educational or work experience
- Experience in language tool development- Experience in scripting languages (Python, xml, Regular Expression, etc.)- Experience in annotation/corpus/dictionary/terminology work- Experience in the field of phonetics and Speech engines development is a plus
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Good communication skills- Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus- Possibility to work part-time or full-time from home on freelancer basis, minimum 20 hours/week
Please send your application, CV and your hour rate request to us ASAP. Please include detailed info on your language skills and your availability within your application.
Application Deadline: 24-Jan-2014
Email Address for Applications: jobs.tampere
Resource Coordinator Elena Pirttisalo
Page Updated: 18-Dec-2013