LINGUIST List 25.4039
Mon Oct 13 2014
Calls: General Linguistics/USA
Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhitelinguistlist.org>
David Wilson <dwils
Penn Linguistics Conference 39 E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Penn Linguistics Conference 39
Short Title: PLC 39
Date: 20-Mar-2015 - 22-Mar-2015
Location: Philadelphia, USA
Contact Person: David Wilson
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.ling.upenn.edu/Events/PLC/
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 14-Nov-2014
The 39th Annual Penn Linguistics Conference is a conference in linguistics run by the graduate students of the University of Pennsylvania Linguistics department.
Call for Papers:
Papers on any topic in linguistics and associated fields are welcome, including, but not limited to, phonology, syntax, semantics, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, pragmatics, and sign languages. Speakers will have 20 minutes for their presentations and 5 minutes for discussion and questions. The conference will also include a poster session with catered lunch. Abstracts should indicate whether they are being submitted for consideration as a talk, poster, or both. (See instructions.)
Abstracts are due by November 14, 2014. Notification of acceptance/rejection will be given by January 15, 2015.
Please note the abstract format has been altered slightly from previous years.
Please limit abstracts to two pages, single-spaced. Data and examples may be interspersed throughout. Do not include your name or affiliation within the abstract. To facilitate the review process, please submit your abstract as a .pdf file. Abstracts should be written in a size-12 font, and have 1-inch margins.
To submit an abstract, you must follow these steps:
1. To begin, login at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=plc39
2. If you do not have an existing EasyChair account, click on ''sign up for an account.'' You will be asked to fill out a simple form to create an account.
3. Click ''Submission'' at the top left of the page. Then click ''Add a Submission'' at the top right.
4. Enter author information in the provided fields. Tick the ''Corresponding Author'' box for all authors who wish to receive e-mail correspondences or notifications.
5. Enter your title in the ''Title'' field.
6. In the ''Abstract'' field, please enter a one sentence summary, or any comments you have, in order to assist the committee in assigning reviewers. Please also indicate here whether you would like your submission to be considered for a talk, poster, or both. By default, submissions will be considered for both modes of presentation. Do not paste your full abstract into this field.
7. Please select the primary category of your abstract. Additional categories may be included in the keywords.
8. Enter at least three keywords.
9. Upload your abstract .pdf file in the ''Paper'' field. Only .pdf files will be accepted. Do not include your name or affiliation in the abstract/file name!
10. Do not tick the ''Abstract only'' box, or your .pdf will not be uploaded.
11. Click ''Submit.'' You will be taken to a summary page of your submission - this is your confirmation that it has been saved. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously.
12. You may make any necessary updates by logging in and clicking on ''My Submissions.''
Page Updated: 13-Oct-2014