LINGUIST List 25.4887
Wed Dec 03 2014
Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Saint Michael's College
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Saint Michael's College, Vermont, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Saint Michael's College
Job Location: Vermont, USA
Job Title: Assistant Professor of TESOL/Applied Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Applications are invited for two tenure-track teaching positions at the rank of assistant professor in the Applied Linguistics Department (ALD) at Saint Michael's College. Saint Michael's is a liberal arts and sciences college founded by the Society of Saint Edmund. With over 60 years of experience in teacher education and training, the ALD offers several major programs: a Master's Program in TESOL/TEFL, a K-12 ELL Licensure Program, a summer TESOL Diploma Program, an Intensive English Program, an Academic English Program, and a Minor in Applied Linguistics. General responsibilities include teaching and curriculum planning in all major ALD programs, appropriate research, and service to the department and to the College.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), employee and dependent tuition benefits, and discounted gym membership.
- Ph.D. in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or a related field is required by the starting date
- Willingness to teach courses across the ALD programs.
- Documented success in teaching and teacher training.
- Experience with/ willingness to develop and teach distance learning modes of course delivery is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with recent experience in overseas teaching and teacher preparation, content-language integrated learning (CLIL), and/or ELL teacher preparation.
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
The College is committed to its Edmundite, Catholic mission, which focuses on the integration of intellectual, ethical, personal and spiritual formation within an environment which combines academic achievement with service to others.
Saint Michael's College is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity, equity and inclusiveness across our campus community, and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission.
Please be prepared to attach the following documents after clicking on Apply Now button.
- Cover Letter
- Three letters of reference
In your cover letter, applicants are expected to discuss the following
- How you have become more aware of issues of cultural, ethnic, or racial difference as well as social inequity, in order to be prepared to work in an institution which is committed to fostering and affirming and inclusive multicultural environment;
- How you will support and contribute to the mission of the College: "to contribute through higher education to the enhancement of the human person and to the advancement of human culture in the light of the Catholic faith."
Saint Michael’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to excellence through diversity, and in this spirit, particularly welcome applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups.
Apply no later than January 30, 2015 for a mid-August, 2015 start date.
Application Deadline: 02-Jun-2015 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://www.Click2Apply.net/66d8jp6
Page Updated: 03-Dec-2014