LINGUIST List 25.4890
Wed Dec 03 2014
Jobs: Russian; Computational Linguistics: Russian Knowledge Worker / Search Quality Engineer, Ntent
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Sonja Burnand <sburnand
Russian; Computational Linguistics: Russian Knowledge Worker / Search Quality Engineer, Ntent, California, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Ntent
Department: Research & Development
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: www.ntent.com
Job Title: Russian Knowledge Worker / Search Quality Engineer
Job Rank: Other; Russian Knowledge Worker / Search Quality Engineer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Russian (rus)
The company is looking for a Russian Knowledge Worker / Search Quality Engineer who will be working in our growing Russian R&D team. The responsibilities include testing and improving the quality of search results returned by the search engine or ad matching engine, as well as maintaining the extensive ontology by creating, deleting and revising concepts in knowledge base. Search Quality Engineer/Knowledge Worker will report to the manager of the Russian Linguistic Team. He or she will interface with Ontology, Linguistic and Engineering teams.
- Establish quality standards and enforce them in all project phases.
- Perform functional test of various parts of the search platform.
- Perform content quality evaluation by running popular queries and review the search results to ensure quality.
- Perform ad matching quality evaluation by running popular queries and reviewing the suggested adverts.
- Maintain the extensive ontology by creating, deleting and revising concepts in an existing knowledge base.
- Coordinate crowd-sourced evaluations of the search results, analyze the results and determine how to remedy the quality problem (coverage, ontology, ranking, facets, and software defect).
- Review daily quality evaluation reports and investigate problems.
We are looking for someone who, aside from being passionate about providing the highest quality search results to customers, has excellent communication skills and a very strong team spirit.
Education and/or Relevant Experience:
- Native fluency in Russian and a deep understanding of the Russian culture are required
- Ability to dive deep into problem areas and suggest solutions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with other departments and varying levels of management
- Prior experience in measuring search quality is desirable
- BA or MA in Linguistics is a plus.
Application Deadline: 30-Jun-2015 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: sburnand
In-House Recruiter Sonja Burnand
Phone: 760 208 2045
Page Updated: 03-Dec-2014