LINGUIST List 25.5030
Thu Dec 11 2014
Jobs: Russian; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Elena Pirttisalo <elena.pirttisalo
Russian; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lionbridge
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Title: Computational linguist: Russian
Job Rank: Computational Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology
Required Language(s): Russian (rus)
Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development, language and testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain their technology applications and Web content globally.
A key differentiator for Lionbridge is our global footprint, which enables us to deliver superior service to customers through local contacts and resources. We employ more than 4,200 specialists, including linguists, computational linguists, project managers, engineers, and many others, in 26 countries. We also work with a network of 85,000 independent multilingual subject matter experts across more than 100 countries.
We are looking for linguistic experts for our current and possible future projects.
- Native language: Russian
- Bachelor’s or Master's in Computational linguistics with strong background in Phonetics
- Experience in Language Technology, particularly in Speech Processing (either educational or work experience)
- Experience with the following scripting and markup languages: Regular Expressions, Perl, xml
- Experience with orthographic and phonetic transcription is a plus
- Experience in corpus/dictionary/terminology work is a plus
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently
- Good organizational and analytical skills, ability to work in a logical and methodical way
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
- Possibility to work from home part-time or full-time on freelancer basis
Please send your application, CV and your hourly rate request to us. Please include detailed info on your language skills and your availability within your application.
Application Deadline: 17-Jan-2015
Email Address for Applications: jobs.tampere
Resource Coordinator Elena Pirttisalo
Page Updated: 11-Dec-2014