LINGUIST List 25.5095
Mon Dec 15 2014
Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhitelinguistlist.org>
Wafa Abu Hatab <zarqajicot3
Translation Across Time and Space E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Translation Across Time and Space
Short Title: TATAS
Date: 29-Apr-2015 - 30-Apr-2015
Location: Zarqa, Jordan
Contact Person: Wafa A.hatab
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.zu.edu.jo
Linguistic Field(s): Translation
Call Deadline: 08-Jan-2015
The aim of this conference is to bring together theoreticians and educators from areas of translation and interpreting in order to exchange ideas on issues related to their areas of interest . Distinguished speakers from the Arab World and outside will explore the theoretical and practical issues of the conference.
The main theme of the conference: Translation across Time and Space
The basic questions that the conference addresses are:
1. Is translation a dynamic process?
2. Though change could be slow over periods of time, could translation suddenly accelerate in response to particular conjunction of factors?
Keynote speakers: (TBA)
Conference fee for overseas participants 100 US dollars, paid upon arrival. Fees include conference participation, all conference documentation, lunches, coffee/tea breaks; accommodation, conference dinner, and proceedings). For more details about the conference visit: www.zu.edu.jo
Venue for the conference: The conference will take place at the Conference Auditorium, Zarqa University in Jordan.
Call for Papers:
Papers addressing the following themes are strongly encouraged:
-Translation as Social Action
- Methodological Innovations in Translation
- Translation and Language Variation Change
- Translation and Mobility
- Translation, Language, Identity and Community
- Translation, Economy and Work
- Translation and Language Ideologies
- Translation and Discourse Studies
- Translation and Gender
- Discourse and Social Engagement
- Translation and Sociolinguistics
- Translation and Pragmatics
- Translation and the dynamics of Multilingualism
- Translating, Interpreting and Mediation
- Translation and Culture
Participants intending to give a paper should send a 300-400 words double-spaced camera ready abstract with a short bio by 8 January 2014 to the Scientific Secretary of the Organising Committee. The number of participants is limited to 50.
Abstracts should be sent as an attachment by email in MSWord 2007 or higher and should contain the title of the paper, name(s) and affiliation(s) with complete postal address and e-mail address of the author(s), and, in the top right corner, the sub-theme.
Deadline for abstracts: 8 January 2015
Notification of acceptance: 15 January 2015
Contact email: zarqajicot3
Working languages: English and Arabic
Individual presentations will be of 20 minutes, followed by about 10 minutes of discussion.
The programme and format of the various presentations are dependent on the number of participants attending and may be altered accordingly.
Participants will receive the final programme and the volume of abstracts on registration.
A selection of contributions will be published in a special volume. Authors whose papers have been accepted for inclusion will receive a style guide for the preparation of a camera-ready version.
Dr. Alaadeen Sadeq, Zarqa University, Chair
Prof. Abdullah Alshunaq, Yarmouk University
Dr. Jamal Azmi, Zarqa University
Dr. Mohammad Badawi, Zarqa University
Dr. Mohammad Mhawesh, Zarqa University
Dr. Wafa abu Hatab, Zarqa University, Rapporteur
1. Prof Abdulla Al-Shunnaq, Yarmouk University, Jordan
2. Prof Fawwaz Abdelhaq, Tafileh University, Jordan
3. Prof Husain Yaghi, University of Jordan, Jordan
4. Prof.Mohammad Farghal, Kuwait University, Kuwait
5. Dr. Mustapha Lahlali, University of Leeds.UK
6. Dr.Ahmed ElShiekh, Alexandria University, Egypt
7. Dr. Nebras Elomar, Zarqa University, Jordan
Page Updated: 15-Dec-2014