LINGUIST List 25.5103
Mon Dec 15 2014
Calls: Socioling, Semantics, Pragmatics, Discourse Analysis, Ling & Lit/Poland
Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhitelinguistlist.org>
Alina Kwiatkowska <akwiat
Theme and Variations E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Theme and Variations
Date: 12-Jun-2015 - 13-Jun-2015
Location: Lodz, Poland
Contact Person: Alina Kwiatkowska
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Ling & Literature; Pragmatics; Semantics; Sociolinguistics
Call Deadline: 15-Mar-2015
Department of English and General Linguistics
Institute of English Studies, University of Lodz, Poland
Conference on Theme and Variation
12-13 June 2015
The conference, inspired by Raymond Queneau's Exercises in Style, will focus on different mental and formal construals of ''the same'' situation, scene, motif, topic, concept - on intralingual and intersemiotic translation; paraphrase, illustration, ekphrasis, adaptation; inspirations, spin-offs; remakes, spoofs, parodies, pastiche; recontextualization, recoding, transformation, transposition, modification, metamorphosis, etc.
The venue of the conference: Faculty of Philology, 171/173 Pomorska str., Lodz, Poland.
Conference fee: Full 350 PLN /90 Euro; PhD students: 200 PLN/50 Euro.
Call for Papers:
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- The notions of alternate conceptualizations and/or stylistic variation
- Different realizations of the same motif in art, design, advertising, media, literature, music
- Intralingual and intersemiotic translation (paraphrase, illustration, ekphrasis, adaptation, etc.)
- Changing perspective, point of view, focus
- Switching genres
- Inspirations, spin-offs
- Humorous remakes, spoofs, parodies, pastiche
- Recontextualization, recoding, transformation, transposition, modification, metamorphosis, etc.
The language of the conference will be English.
Abstracts of ca. 200-300 words should be sent by 15 March 2015 to (prof.) Alina Kwiatkowska at
Page Updated: 15-Dec-2014