LINGUIST List 25.5224
Tue Dec 30 2014
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Contra Costa Community College District
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Human Resources <noemails
English; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Contra Costa Community College District, California, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Contra Costa Community College District
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://apptrkr.com/558999
Job Title: English as a Second Language Assistant Professor
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Contra Costa Community College District
English as a Second Language Assistant Professor
Description of Position
This is a full-time tenure-track academic position beginning Fall 2015. This assignment will include teaching community college ESL classes in reading, writing, grammar, and listening/speaking and sharing the coordination of the writing program. The assignment will also include participation in program-wide curriculum development, assessment of Student Learning Outcomes, testing, advising and fulfilling duties and responsibilities as required of the instructional staff. The assignment may include both day and evening hours of instruction.
Posting Number: F00055
Yearly Salary Range / Hourly Range: $55,668 - $83,772
Position Status: Tenured Track
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:
1. A valid California Community College Instructor Credential in Basic Skills authorizing full-time instruction in English as a Second Language OR
2. Master’s in TESL, TESOL, applied linguistics with a TESL emphasis, linguistics with a TESL emphasis, English with a TESL emphasis, or Education with a TESL emphasis OR
3. Bachelor’s in TESL, TESOL, English with TESL certificate, linguistics with TESL certificate, applied linguistics with a TESL certificate, or any foreign language with a TESL certificate, AND a Master’s in linguistics, applied linguistics, English, composition, bilingual/bicultural studies, reading, speech, or any foreign language OR
4. The equivalent. (If you are applying for an equivalency, please upload the Master’s Degree Discipline Equivalency form in the attachment section of the application.)
1. Experience developing and teaching integrated skills and/or content-based ESL courses at all levels.
2. Having completed a master’s degree in the field in the past ten years, including substantial advanced coursework in linguistics.
3. Substantial experience teaching advanced levels of ESL writing leading to college composition courses.
4. Experience teaching reading, writing, grammar, and listening/speaking to non-native English speakers at the beginning, intermediate and advanced levels in a post-secondary environment.
5. Experience evaluating and developing curriculum.
6. Experience using current technology for in-class and/or online instruction.
7. Ability to work creatively and productively in collaboration with other faculty.
8. Knowledge and awareness of other cultures and languages.
9. Activities and experiences that demonstrate the ability to work with diverse racial, ethnic, disabled, and cultural populations.
Job Close Date: 03/06/2015
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
To apply, visit the application URL below.
Application Deadline: 06-Mar-2015
Web Address for Applications: http://apptrkr.com/558999
Page Updated: 30-Dec-2014