LINGUIST List 26.1071
Tue Feb 24 2015
Calls: Applied Linguistics, Cognitive Science, Psycholinguistics/Russia
Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhitelinguistlist.org>
Konstantin Shilyaev <shilyaevc
Experimental Studies of Language and Speech E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Experimental Studies of Language and Speech
Short Title: E-SoLaS
Date: 03-Sep-2015 - 05-Sep-2015
Location: Tomsk, Russia
Contact Person: Konstantin Shilyaev
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://conference.tsu.ru/solas/en/
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Psycholinguistics
Call Deadline: 01-May-2015
National Research Tomsk State University International Center for Cognitive Studies Laboratory for Cognitive Studies in Language is hosting a conference:
Experimental Studies of Language and Speech (E-SoLaS)
September 3-5, 2015
The aim of the conference is to discuss the results and methodology of experimental studies of language and speech in interdisciplinary context.
Chair: Zoya Rezanova, Professor, Department of General and Slavic Linguistics, Tomsk State University, Russia
Co-chair: Olga Nagel, Associate Professor, Department of English Philology, Tomsk State University, Russia
Co-chair: Irina Temnikova, Associate Professor, Department of English Philology, Tomsk State University, Russia
Conference secretary: Konstantin Shilyaev, Senior Lecturer, Department of General and Slavic Linguistics, Tomsk State University, Russia
Conference staff: Elena Nekrasova, Alex Miklashevsky, Oksana Tsaregorodtseva, Galina Vesnina
Call for Papers:
We welcome abstracts of original research on the following topics:
- Linguistic and metalinguistic consciousness as an object of experimental study
- Experimental methods in the study of cognition
- Descriptive and analytical methods vs. experimental methods in studying units of different language levels and various levels of complexity
- Interdisciplinary studies of language competence and performance
- Development and usage of specialized hardware and software in studies of language and speech
- Linguistic, sociolinguistic and psycholinguistic experiments in applied studies of language and speech
- Experimental methods in applied linguistics: language teaching, forensic linguistics, lexicography, etc.
The talks will be given in Russian or English.
Abstracts should be submitted online at the following page: http://conference.tsu.ru/solas
Abstracts should not exceed 250 words. Submissions are taken either for an oral presentation or a poster (or both). Selected papers will be published in the journals of Tomsk State University (http://journals.tsu.ru/vestnik/
), included in RSCI (Russian Science Citation Index).
The deadline for registration and abstract submission is May 1, 2015.
Notifications of acceptance/rejections will be sent by June 1, 2015.
Deadline for paper submission is July 1, 2015.
Standard participation fee is $20. Student participation fee is $10.
gmail.com (Konstantin Shilyaev)
Please state “e-solas 2015” as the subject of the letter.
Tel. +7 3822 53 48 99
Page Updated: 24-Feb-2015