LINGUIST List 26.1089
Wed Feb 25 2015
Confs: General Linguistics/Germany
Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhitelinguistlist.org>
Sebastian Nordhoff <sebastian.nordhoff
DGFS E-mail this message to a friend
Date: 03-Mar-2015 - 03-Mar-2015
Location: Leipzig, Germany
Contact: Martin Haspelmath
Contact Email: < click here to access email >
Meeting URL: http://conference.uni-leipzig.de/dgfs2015/index.php?id=89&L=0
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
2015 March 3, 15:30-17:30, HS 4 (Hörsaalgebäude, http://conference.uni-leipzig.de/dgfs2015/index.php?id=20&L=1
Changes in world of linguistic publication: Where do we want to go? Where are we driven? (Panel discussion)
This panel will discuss the changes in the publication system and its implications for science. Topics include:
- what is the process of traditional print publications?
- how to address pushes for Open Access from policy makers?
- is linguistics moving towards megajournals of the PLOS One kind?
- what are the implications of networks like Academia.edu and ResearchGate for the future of traditional publishers?
- what options do scientists have to influence the current changes?
- Martin Haspelmath (MPI-EVA Leipzig)
- Kai von Fintel (MIT)
- Alexander Bergs (U Osnabrück)
- Stefan Müller (FU Berlin)
- Henriette Rösch (Leipzig University Library)
The panel is preceded by an informal meeting of Language Science Press Open Access authors, editors and supporters.
2015 March 3, 14:00-15:30, HS 4 (Hörsaalgebäude, http://conference.uni-leipzig.de/dgfs2015/index.php?id=20&L=1
Between March 4 and 6, several hundred linguists from many different countries will attend the Annual Conference of the DGfS (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Sprachwissenschaft) at Leipzig University. Many of them will be interested in open-access publication and Language Science Press's publication model, and in fact quite a few are already editorial board members or supporters.
LangSci is organizing a one-hour meeting on the day before the conference (March 3) to bring together colleagues who would like to get an update on LangSci's activities.
Page Updated: 25-Feb-2015