LINGUIST List 26.136
Sat Jan 10 2015
Summer Schools: Learn Romanian / Sibiu, Romania
Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva <ulianalinguistlist.org>
Mona Pologea <office
Learn Romanian / Sibiu, Romania E-mail this message to a friend
Host Institution: Rolang School
Coordinating Institution: Rolang School
Dates: 27-Jul-2015 - 07-Aug-2015
Location: Sibiu, Romania
Focus: The 5th edition of the summer school on Romanian language will be held between 27th of July - 7th of August 2015 in the city of Sibiu. The focus of the courses is to develop the students' skills on reading, writing, speaking, understanding and listening.
Minimum Education Level: BA
Special Qualifications: The language program is suitable for students of all ages as well as for the different language skills requirements: beginner, intermediate and advanced level of Romanian. Participants must be at least 18 years old to enrol in the summer school program.
ROLANG School organizes the 5th edition of the summer school on Romanian language between 27th of July - 7th of August 2015, in the city of Sibiu in association with the Journalism Faculty of "Lucian Blaga" University, Sibiu.
The program includes morning activities (30 hours of Romanian courses) and afternoon activities (8 hours of immersion courses, museum visits, film screenings, guided tour of Sibiu city center).
Morning activities: Language courses
The language program includes 30 hours of Romanian language for beginner, intermediate and advanced level.
Class course schedule: 3 hours / day, from Monday to Friday, from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Courses location: Faculty of Journalism, “Lucian Blaga” University, 3 Brutarilor Street, Sibiu.
The minimum number of students for each group is 5 with a maximum of 10.
- immersion courses: twice a week, from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- guided tour of Sibiu city center (English speaking guide)
- museum visits (English speaking guide): once a week, from 3:30 pm
- film screenings (English subtitles): once a week, from 2:30 pm
The course curricula is adapted to the students, with favourite topics arranged around the student's interests. The teaching method is based on communication. Conversations and communication activities alternates with comprehension, vocabulary and grammar exercises.
Language levels and course curricula:
The language levels are established according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- The beginner level (A1 and A2 level) develops basic communication skills on Romanian language, by learning familiar everyday phrases and words and basic grammar notions.
- The intermediate level (B1 and B2 level) develops skills such as communication about familiar topics, understanding texts with a high frequency in a conversation, writing messages or short compositions describing feelings, emotions and impressions.
- The advanced level (C1 and C2 level) aims in developing spontaneous conversations on various topics, comprehension of long and complex texts or compositions, understanding of any kind of spoken Romanian language.
The course curricula is adapted to the students, with favorite topics arranged around the student's interests. The teaching method is based on communication. Conversations and communication activities alternates with comprehension, vocabulary and grammar exercises.
The course materials are based on ROLANG manual, "Learn Romanian" by Mona Moldoveanu Pologea (manual with illustrations, exercise book, USB card with audio files). Other video and audio materials will also be used.
The instructors are PhD holders, authors of Romanian manuals for foreigners and University of Bucharest teachers.
At the end of the course, the students will give a test and will receive a certificate proving their level of Romanian language.
Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition
Subject Languages: Romanian
Language Families: Indo-European
Tuition: 230 EUR
Registration: 06-Jan-2015 to 10-Jul-2015
Contact Person: Mona Pologea
Phone: +40 734 936 290
You can submit the registration form at the following link: http://rolang.ro/learn-romanian-summer-school-registration.php
Page Updated: 10-Jan-2015