LINGUIST List 26.2617
Tue May 26 2015
Summer Schools: Workshop Online: Methodology for Terminology Work / Barcelona (Online), Spain
Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashleylinguistlist.org>
IULAONLINE Terminology program <iulaonline
Workshop Online: Methodology for Terminology Work / Barcelona (Online), Spain E-mail this message to a friend
Workshop Online: Methodology for Terminology Work / Barcelona (Online), Spain
Host Institution: Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Coordinating Institution: Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Dates: 02-Sep-2015 - 03-Nov-2015
Location: Barcelona (online), Spain
Focus: This workshop focuses on the most typical terminology work: terminographical work. It involves carrying out a terminological project, within the setting of the Communicative Theory of Terminology (CTT), respecting the principle of adequacy, according to which, terminological work must cover the professional needs that have given rise to it and the functions for which it will be used. To this end, all the phases of carrying out terminographical work will be studied through a series of exercises.
Minimum Education Level: MA
The workshop comprises three teaching units:
- Teaching unit 1 focuses on the first two phases of terminological work in the framework of the Communicative Theory of Terminology (CTT).
- Teaching unit 2 deals with phases three and four of the terminological work, comprising the start of the project and database preparation.
- Teaching unit 3 deals with phases five and six of the terminological work, comprising database revision and drafting the work. This is a highly practical workshop where the intention is for student.
Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation
Subject Languages: English
Tuition: 700 EUR
Registration: 26-May-2015 to 09-Sep-2015
Contact Person: IULAONLINE Terminology program
Apply on the web: http://eventum.upf.edu/event_detail/2337/sections/1803/workshop-i_-methodology-for-terminology-work.html
Complete the online admission form.
To complete your candidature, we will ask you to send us a series of documents that the Admissions Committee needs in order to be able to assess your profile and your suitability for the programme:
- Photocopy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide the academic transcript for admission)
- Photocopy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
- Additional documentation may be requested in certain cases.
Page Updated: 26-May-2015