LINGUIST List 26.2698
Mon Jun 01 2015
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax: Post Doc, University of Oslo
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Dag Haug <daghaug
Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax: Post Doc, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Oslo
Job Location: Oslo, Norway
Job Title: Postdoc in formal semantics and/or theoretical syntax
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax
The Faculty of Humanities seeks to hire a postdoctoral researcher (SKO 1352) who can make significant contributions to the SynSem research program, independently and in collaboration with other researchers on the program, including faculty and PhD students. The applicant must have handed in his/her PhD by the application deadline, and s/he must present a proposal for innovative future research addressing one or more key topics in (formal) semantics, (theoretical) syntaxes or the syntax-semantics interface.
The appointment is for a duration of two years and three months.
- A PhD degree relevant to the project. The doctoral dissertation must have been submitted for evaluation by the closing date of the application.
- Personal ability and motivation
Qualifications and Personal Skills
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the quality and extent of previous research, relevance of scientific qualifications for the announced fellowship position and personal qualifications for team-work and international collaboration, the quality of the project description, and on the assumed academic and personal ability on the part of the candidates to complete the project within the given time frame.
Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application, preferably in pdf format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications
- A writing sample (a dissertation chapter or article, 5,000-10,000 words)
- Project description of approximately 5 pages, including a schedule of activities. The project description must clarify how the applicant will approach the post-doctoral project theme theoretically and methodically, and render evidence that the project will be completed within the given time frame
Applicants who graduated at a foreign higher education institution are expected to submit an explanation of their institution’s grading system. Please be aware that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language. Please also refer to the Regulations concerning Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships.
Qualified and short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview.
- Salary level 57 - 64 (NOK 483 700 - 550 400, depending on level of expertise)
- Broad training possibilities within a stimulating academic environment
- Attractive welfare arrangements
- Favourable pension arrangement
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act, information about an applicant may be included in the public list of applicants, even if non-disclosure has been requested.
The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds.
For more information visit the application website below or contact Dag Haug.
Application Deadline: 01-Aug-2015
Web Address for Applications: http://uio.easycruit.com/vacancy/1402010/62040?iso=no
Page Updated: 01-Jun-2015