LINGUIST List 26.2716
Tue Jun 02 2015
Jobs: General Linguistics: Post Doc, University of South Carolina
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Stanley Dubinsky <dubinsk
General Linguistics: Post Doc, University of South Carolina E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of South Carolina
Department: Linguistics Program
Job Location: South Carolina, USA
Web Address: https://uscjobs.sc.edu
Job Title: Postdoctoral Scholar in Linguistics
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
**This position has been filled.
University of South Carolina
Postdoctoral Scholar in Linguistics
The Linguistics Program in the College of Arts & Sciences at the University of South Carolina is seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Scholar in the area of Linguistics on an 11-month basis, for an 18 month appointment, beginning January 1, 2016 (with the possibility of up to a 12 month extension). Annual compensation is $40,000 plus benefits. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal Language, Dr. Stanley Dubinsky.
The responsibilities of this position will be evenly divided between editorial assistance for the journal and instructional support for the Linguistics Program and the successful candidate will:
- Teach one course in Linguistics in each academic term (Spring 2016, Fall 2016, and Spring 2017).
- Work with the Editor of Language to provide editorial and administrative support for the journal (both its print and online sections).
- A Ph.D. degree by the appointment date.
- Teaching and research experience in Linguistics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; organization skills; and proficiency with Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience working with web-based publishing applications and software strongly preferred.
- Ability to work well with editors, authors, and reviewers from around the world as a representative of the LSA and the editors of Language.
Letters of application should provide information about the applicant’s area(s) of expertise in Linguistics, the Linguistics courses (undergraduate and graduate) that s/he is prepared to teach, experience in organizational and management positions, and proficiencies in computer applications. Review of applications will begin in June 2015 and continue until the position is filled. To apply for this position or learn more, visit the USC Jobs homepage at the application website below, click on "Search Postings" in the left sidebar, and enter the requisition number "008969”.
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.
Web Address for Applications: http://uscjobs.sc.edu
Editor-in-Chief of the journal Language Stanley Dubinsky
Page Updated: 12-Aug-2015